What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time using frest start  (Read 2536 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
First time using frest start
« on: November 14, 2006, 08:30:51 am »
I decided to go and get a product called fresh start that is made by arctic.  It is simillar to swirl away.  It told me to add 8oz. to the tub and let cycle for 2 hours.  I already asked this the other day, and others thought 2 hours was to long.  

Now my question, I added it, and my tub looks like it is in the suds cycle of a washing machine.  I have never seen so much foam in my tub.  Is this the chemical reacting, or is it because these products are designed to liquify all the old oil and soap build up that is in the lines and insides????

I hope this is why.  I think I will drain and fill, then drain and fill just to ensure it is all out.  What a mess right now

Hot Tub Forum

First time using frest start
« on: November 14, 2006, 08:30:51 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: First time using frest start
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 08:37:57 am »
Im an idiot.  I read the label again, and at the very bottom it says, shut of venturi.  Shut it down and bingo bango no more suds.  I so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 08:38:17 am »
Did you turn the air off?

EDIT:

LOL......we posted at the same time........ 8-)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 08:39:06 am by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 10:50:39 am »
These forum friends recommended I rinse the tub well, then just vacuum out the jets with a wet/dry shop vac.  Mine is old and I didn't think it would be powerful enough, but I gave it a try as I didn't want to rinse with 400 gallons.

Lo and behold, I was able to suck a good 5 gallons out of the jets, I vacuumed out the rinse water from the bottom, and I was good to go.  NO FOAMING ISSUES AT ALL!!!!  Wahoo!

A forum friend also recommended putting the hose down the filter pipe thingy to try to flush out any "cleaning" stuff that remained.  You could do both.

Hose first to flush the pipes, then vacuum out the jets.
2005 HS Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 10:50:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42