What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To lounge, or not to lounge? That is the question  (Read 8705 times)

webboy

• hey bub
To lounge, or not to lounge? That is the question
« on: November 10, 2006, 04:38:55 pm »
After responding to PVM question about best selling models, it brought this question to mind. Loungers? I have heard that most first time buyers (that would be me) always go for the double lounger, but the seasoned spa owner usually passes on the loungers for their next spa. Is this true? I figure nothing would be better than laying back and enjoying the spa experience in a lounger, other than space I would think that everyone would want as many loungers as possible. What do you say?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

To lounge, or not to lounge? That is the question
« on: November 10, 2006, 04:38:55 pm »

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
Re: To lounge, or not to lounge? That is the quest
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 04:43:14 pm »
it is nice to have one.
but most of the time i don't use the lounger.
I would like to say    It's what feels right for you.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 04:48:02 pm »
I read the same thing and I originally thought I wanted a lounger. It seems that even though I don't float in a pool the jets will push me out of the seat. I opted for no lounge.

Owning the spa for over a year, I'm not sorry I don't have a lounger although there are times when I'm streched out in the tub in the hot water that I think it might be nice to have a structure .. but these times happen very infrequently for me.

It really is a personal thing ... for me it might be different if it was completely dark and gazing at the stars.

loosenupspas

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 04:51:42 pm »
A double lounger is a personal choice, single lounges are more popular.  Coleman has a fine array of double and single loungers......Test um....see what you think.  Hottubtommy

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 05:15:57 pm »
[Owning the spa for over a year, I'm not sorry I don't have a lounger although there are times when I'm streched out in the tub in the hot water that I think it might be nice to have a structure .. but these times happen very infrequently for me.[/quote]

This is good to know. The double lounger is out, i will know get my hobbit gut out and wet test!

Thanks

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 05:39:00 pm »
loungers in my opinion are a waste of money.  I love having structure in my tub.  I have moulded countoured seats.  Here is my tub below.

I prefer sitting in something rather than the feeling of floating around, plus when im sitting in the tub, i dont overly love feeling of water sitting in my ears, but that is just me.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 05:40:10 pm by bosco0633 »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 05:45:25 pm »
A lounger is one of the most overblown sales tools in the industry.  Think about it...about the only difference between a lounge and a corner seat is that you don't have plastic on the back of your legs in a corner seat.  Granted, some lounges have little peehole jets on the back of the legs, but they are pretty worthless, especially the ones that invade your crack.

Lounge- You're reclined, your knees are up, there is plastic on the back of your calves and possibly peehole and crack jets.  Takes up a lot of space.

Corner Seat- You're reclined, your knees are up, there is no plastic on the back of your calves and there are possibly jets coming out horizontally onto your legs.  Takes up a little space.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tileman

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 05:55:27 pm »
After responding to PVM question about best selling models, it brought this question to mind. Loungers? I have heard that most first time buyers (that would be me) always go for the double lounger, but the seasoned spa owner usually passes on the loungers for their next spa. Is this true? I figure nothing would be better than laying back and enjoying the spa experience in a lounger, other than space I would think that everyone would want as many loungers as possible. What do you say?

Thanks

The only way you'll figure out if you want one is to wet test.

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 06:13:34 pm »
Termy,

I'm surprised to hear you say that, I thought the Envoy was your favorite tub... if not for the lounger wouldn't one of the other HS have the same seats to suit your needs?

P.S.  Small hijack of post... hows the baby?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 06:24:45 pm »
The little diaper vandal is fine and dandy and I appreciate you asking. :)

He is almost too pretty, so I've been rubbing sandpaper on his face after Ol' Meanness has gone to bed to ugly him up a bit.  I have to rush home after work to snatch him away from his momma and big sister before they turn him into a baby doll, so I teach him man ways.  He can already pee in the sink like his daddy and he spits better than me already.  He tries to scratch his giblets but can't control his hands yet, but he'll learn.

I do love the Envoy and I do love the lounge.  It fits me perfect and I don't float.  But just about everyone who comes in the store says "I have to have a lounge".  I ask "Why?" and they say "I don't know, they just look comfortable."  So I invite them to try it out to see if it truly is comfortable for them.  I just think it's made out to be more than it is by most people.

Ehhh...I can take it or leave it. :)

Termy

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 06:45:07 pm »
The little diaper vandal is fine and dandy and I appreciate you asking. :)

He is almost too pretty, so I've been rubbing sandpaper on his face after Ol' Meanness has gone to bed to ugly him up a bit.  I have to rush home after work to snatch him away from his momma and big sister before they turn him into a baby doll, so I teach him man ways.  He can already pee in the sink like his daddy and he spits better than me already.  He tries to scratch his giblets but can't control his hands yet, but he'll learn.

I do love the Envoy and I do love the lounge.  It fits me perfect and I don't float.  But just about everyone who comes in the store says "I have to have a lounge".  I ask "Why?" and they say "I don't know, they just look comfortable."  So I invite them to try it out to see if it truly is comfortable for them.  I just think it's made out to be more than it is by most people.

Ehhh...I can take it or leave it. :)

Termy

Term
Just a question.... you a native TEXAN ?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 06:56:38 pm »

Term
Just a question.... you a native TEXAN ?

Gladewater, TX is where I first drew on the teat back in '66.

What for do you asketh?

Terminator

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 06:59:21 pm »
I apologize for my colorful language, I didn't realize that you were a lady. :-[

Sorry.

Terminator

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 07:44:55 pm »
If we would have to replace our spa tomorrow, my wife would absolutely have a lounger. She loves the wrist and foot jets.  At 5'4" It fits her just right.  
If I could just chew through these restraints...

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 07:56:01 pm »
I apologize for my colorful language, I didn't realize that you were a lady. :-[

Sorry.Terminator

Honey child, I'm 50 something years old, was blessed by God to be born and raised in the great state of Texas....I just knew you was another native.....there is NOT ENOUGH of us anymore.

So I am not hijacking the thread.....we love our lounger.  We don't fight over it, but it is an unspoken rule in our family first one in the tub, gets the lounger.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 08:20:10 am by jgirvine »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 07:56:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42