What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clogged Hotspring Ozone injector  (Read 6111 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Clogged Hotspring Ozone injector
« on: November 12, 2006, 01:29:29 pm »
The amount of bubbles entering my heater return has diminished by about 50 percent lately. I tried cleaning my HS ozone system out today with vinegar but it did not have enough suction to pass through the injector. I pulled off the hose to the injector and noticed there was a lot of gook in the injector. I cleared most of the gunk out with a small nail. Now it appears to be working correctly again.

I've cleaned the system out every six months with vinegar as the manual suggests. Is there anything else I should do to keep this from happening in the future?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 01:31:12 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Clogged Hotspring Ozone injector
« on: November 12, 2006, 01:29:29 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Clogged Hotspring Ozone injector
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 01:43:59 pm »
My first response was huh.  My second was are your filters clean?  I didn't know I was suppose to clean something out with vinegar every 6 months...  guess I'm a little behind.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 02:16:41 pm »
I didn't know that either.  I'm almost 2 years late.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 08:33:43 pm »
OK, here are some instructions. My dealer suggests doing this every six months. The manual doesn't specify the frequency. I guess it depends on your water.  

After reading this I should have used the Q-tip technique instead of the nail to unblock the gunk.  

Dealers, how often do you tell your customers to clean out the system with vinegar?

http://www.inlandhotspring.com/ozonecleaning.htm
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 08:35:33 pm by Gomboman »

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 08:35:18 pm »
Seriously, how many times are you going to delete your post and repost it already?   :-/ :-? :) ;D

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 08:44:59 pm »
I only clicked on it the very first time you posted, but it worked just fine for me then.   :)

I don't care, I was just curious as to why.  I thought maybe you had post envy and wanted yours at the top.   :)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 09:53:49 pm »
Sorry Brooke. I was having problems with the link and reposted a couple of times. Take care my Envoy sister.  :)

In Canada eh

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 11:19:51 pm »
I've cleaned the system out every six months with vinegar as the manual suggests.  

Gombo,

I wonder if this is the same for all tubs.  The ozone generator on the website you posted looks very similar to ours ( a dell ) but this is the first time I have heard of periodic cleaning.  Anyone else come across this in a tub other than a Hot Springs.  Thanks for the info, could come in handy in keeping the ozone unit working longer.

Bullfrog 451

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:19:31 am »
I think it is called nitric acid that ozone systems produce.  It is a yellow/brown goo that coats the ozone tubing.  I have never cleaned mine, but I have replaced the tubing a couple of times over the years.  That and replaced check valves.  My ozonator is almost five years old.  Although I believe in the benefits of ozone, I do not think I will replace it when it finally dies.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:19:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42