What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Why Are Ya'll Here?  (Read 4174 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Why Are Ya'll Here?
« on: November 09, 2006, 11:55:55 am »
I've always been curious as to why most of you fine folks frequent this forum.  I realize that many of you come here looking for information during the shopping process, some of you are here for help regarding water chemistry or repair problems, and some of you simply enjoy talking about spas.

The industry folks (like myself) are here to represent our products, keep up with current product news, and the main reason I'm here is to get customer feedback about their shopping experiences, their likes and dislikes in order to help me be a better salesperson.

I realize there are also trolls on the site...industry insiders and squat stirrers who like to pose as consumers but are really associated with certain spa entities.  How many of you are actually trolls?  Anyone care to fess up?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Why Are Ya'll Here?
« on: November 09, 2006, 11:55:55 am »

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
Re: Why Are Ya'll Here?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 12:06:27 pm »
I'm not a troll, but I do lurk most of the time.  I have always been the quiet type (in classes, or whatever) that will stand back and listen to other peoples questions and the answers and learn from them.  Most of the time the questions that I have will be asked by someone else.  
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 12:43:10 pm »
I came for the free beer and loose women.

I was misled.  :P
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 12:43:34 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

tileman

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 12:57:51 pm »
To talk about my childhood. ;D ;D ;D

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 01:02:18 pm »
to be honest with you, I dont know why I come anymore.  I originally came to get info when I was looking.  

Truthfully, I have two kids a three year old and a 3 month old.  I work crazy shifts and I find it difficult to get out of the house most days.  Being in the police department you become cynical and dont trust most of society so you tend to become an intravert.

SO  I GUESS ULTIMATELY, I AM TELLING YOU THAT I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO.  IT HAS BECOME A PART OF MY DAY TO COME TO THIS SITE.  I DONT KNOW ANY OF YOU, BUT I GUESS SOMETIMES IT IS NICE JUST TO BE PART OF SOMETHING OUT OF YOUR NORMAL LIFE.

I HOPE THIS IS NOT TO PATHETIC.

I just confirmed it after I re-read this post, yup im pathetic.  I need a life  :'(

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 01:20:36 pm »
Nice Drewstar! :o ;)

Though considered a "troll" by some,  ::) I've been coming here for a couple years and now it's just habit I guess. I use to be a "regular" until YOU showed up and were FAR MORE entertaining that I Term!! ;D

Really though, it's the only place I can come on spa forums and not worry that Jim is going to get me fired AGAIN from another job! ;D He can't read these right? :-/ Oh, and if you can see this Jimmy... I work for HotSprings now... :P  ;)

Steve

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 01:21:14 pm by Steve »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 02:28:05 pm »
I've never considered you to be a troll Steve.  You are who you say you are and do what you say you do.  A troll would be someone like a person who went by the name of "Leisure" that pretended to be a customer but was really an ex-spa dealer until they slipped up and were called on it.

I'm just silly, "down-home" in the redneck vernacular prevalent to this area.

Bosco, you have a tough job and if coming here helps you to blow off steam, more power to you!  What'd be really cool is if you would post some pics of your Canadian police weaponry!!! :D

Terminator
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:28:41 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 02:39:27 pm »
I've never considered you to be a troll Steve.  

Terminator

I wasn't meaning that YOU considered me one Term...just a general observation....  ;) I've been called worse... ;D

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 03:15:44 pm »
In the last two months I've simply become a "spa groupie" -- I can't get enough of looking at tubs, talking about tubs, arguing about tubs...

I usually frequent several motorcycle boards, but those get boring this time of year, whereas this seems to be prime hot-tub-discussion time!
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 03:43:08 pm »
I came for the free beer and loose women.

I was misled.  :P

How many times do I have to apologize for that?

Me, this forum, and the cruise forum, keeps me out of trouble.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 03:55:36 pm »
As an insurance agent, my work can get pretty boring. If anyone has ever read one of their policies they would know it makes great bedtime reading! So anyway, since I'm at my desk the majority of the time (when I'm not out on sales calls), I find it convenient (sometimes too much) to go online and raad or comment about the latest chatter. Plus, being somewhat argumentative (I guess), I find it interesting to mix it up with guys like Steve, Roger, and others!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 04:17:19 pm »
Terminator....

I am here because when I was looking to purchase my first spa
last Spring I discovered the site and became casually addicted.

Besides just the tub I got good advice about the concrete slab
and other install information.

Then I began to enjoy hearing about others going thru the same
journey as myself.

It became a site to "check in on" daily.

There are alot of interesting stories, pictures, and spa
information on this site.

I know I learn something every day.

In the last week someone even seem to accuse me of
working for or with a hot tub company.....that struck
me as really funny...lol....because my very first hot tub
of my entire life is barely 8 months old.

But the real reason Term....is your "pic of day" contribution!

=(Zep)=

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 04:24:49 pm by Zep »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 04:45:23 pm »
I like helping with water chemistry and HS service issues. On the water chemistry end, the consumers who frequent this site almost always beat me to it. They know their stuff! Chad beats me to the punch on the service end.
My work day consists of dispatching techs at 7am, keeping two spa/pool stores staffed and hopping, a wife who wants me home at 3pm, children, 3,5 and 7 weeks old, a couple 3-family houses with GREAT!? tenants................guess I'm bored. In the back of my mind i think i'm doing some good.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 04:50:00 pm »
This was taken from thier website.  This is my service revolver.  It is a Glock 22  40 cal.

ruger mini 14 rifle

remington shotgun

and new on the block, this is awsome weapon to protect us out there

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 04:51:57 pm by bosco0633 »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 04:59:24 pm »
Like the others who are already happily enjoying spatopia, I come for the great company, stories, pictures and conversation....
this is a friendly place....I guess I can't say this is really an adiction, more like an attraction.

And Bosco, I am glad you are back..I missed you..I wish Cappykat would come back and let us know she is still loving her Epic. and by the way...Where is Mendo?

It's funny, I have "harvested" so much good information here on so many subjects ...my husband's first reply when I tell him about something new is.."Where did you hear about that? From your hot tub buddies?"  ;)

And Term, I think everyone on here enjoys what you bring to the forum...
Bill keeps eveyone in line so it's all good....

Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 04:59:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42