What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Cameo vs. Optima  (Read 4126 times)

rayz350

Sundance Cameo vs. Optima
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:52:57 pm »
If the Sundance dealer was the only one worth dealing with...which one would you choose?  The Cameo with the lounger or the Optima with seating for seven.  I love them both and I like the Sundance dealer much more than the others in my area but I just can't make up my mind.  I've wet tested the Cameo but not the Optima yet.  I'm afraid I'll miss the lounger with the Optima however. Thanks for your input. :)

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Cameo vs. Optima
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:52:57 pm »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Re: Sundance Cameo vs. Optima
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 12:16:48 am »
I was recently in the same boat as you and went with the Optima (although the wife was really the one that convinced me of that  :D).  Thought I couldn't live without a lounger, but in truth now that I've had the Optima for a while I don't think I'd want one. I've found that I like moving from one seat to the next, and then down into the footwell to utilize all those jets on my legs. Plus the large whirlpool jet adjacent to the AccuSage seat is perfect for working the quads. If I truly want to just sit and relax like you might in a lounge, I simply sit sideways in one of the corner seats and stretch my legs along the side. There's a seat that's actually built for that; the pillow even extends around the corner to give you a place to rest your head. It's very comfortable that way. So yeah, at first I thought I'd love a lounger, but I really don't miss it at all and would actually probably not have used it that much in hindsight.

You definitely need to wet test the two back to back in order to decide, but I don't think you can go wrong with either!
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 01:18:30 am »
How did you like the Cameo lounger during the wet test? If you didn't float out of it, and it fits you correctly, I would consider the Cameo. Most people who don't like a lounger typically float out of them or they don't fit correctly. Another reason is that the lounger takes up one more seating position. If it's going to be a party tub you might want to give up the lounger for more seating capacity.

I have a different model with a lounger and it's my favorite seat in the house. I would be lost without it. Tough call for sure.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 01:37:11 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:10:20 am »
I've had a Cameo with the lounger for over a year.  My fiance insisted on having a lounger when we were shopping.  

He must really, really like it since he is always in it.  I finally talked him into trying some of the other seats a few months ago but he keeps going back to the lounger.  I've been in the lounger once when he wasn't in the tub with me.  I think it is another one of those personal preference things.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 08:19:11 am »
I went with the Optima, didn't care all that much for the lounger.  We do appreciate the extra seating we get by not having the lounger.
Brewman

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 08:22:54 am »
in my opinion, I would go with the optima.  Loungers and I dont get along at all.  Make sure that you wet test before you buy to see if the lounger is for you.

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 09:06:56 am »
We tested a number of tubs with loungers (not Sundance). Floated out of most of them, guess I'm a floater.   ::)

We decided to go with the Optima:  1) for the additional seating (us and 8 yo and 13 yo), 2) the foot dome, 3) sitting in the 4 corner seats w/ feet on the dome puts you into a reclined, near loung position and 4) as PG-rider says, you can sit sideways in the corner seats.  Two of the corner seats have the extra wide headrests.. I find sitting sideways in the other two are just as comfortable.  

I LOVE the foot dome (foot jets for all... minimizes footsies) and I wouldn't trade having the extra seating.   But as others have said, it's a totally personal decision.  Have fun wet testing! :)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 10:06:12 am »
If you like stargazing, there's not a better seat in the house than the lounge. 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

rayz350

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 12:55:29 pm »
First off thanks for all the great advice everyone.  When I wet tested the Cameo it fit great and I didn't really float at all...I'm about 6'2", 220lbs so I needed a decent size lounger.  Tried the Altamar and it just wasn't long enough.  I do like to party though and I'd hate for there not to be enough room for everyone.  I'm going to make the final call in a couple weeks before it gets too cold here.  Either way I'm sure it will be a great tub.  Hey does anyone know if those wrap around headrests are an option or standard on the Optima?

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 01:00:11 pm »
Standard on the Optima.
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 01:38:02 pm »
If the Sundance dealer was the only one worth dealing with...which one would you choose?  The Cameo with the lounger or the Optima with seating for seven.  I love them both and I like the Sundance dealer much more than the others in my area but I just can't make up my mind.  I've wet tested the Cameo but not the Optima yet.  I'm afraid I'll miss the lounger with the Optima however. Thanks for your input. :)

The seating statements are always a bit exaggerated unless some of the occupants are small kids. The Cameo really seems to seat 4 to 5 people depending on size and friendliness. Do you think you really need more seating than that? Many people think tehy need a huge spa and after getting it find they rarely have more than 3 people in it but each situation is unqiue to that owner (some go too small as well). IMO, if you're seldom going to have more than 4 people in the spa then don't worry about the space the lounger takes up (assuming you liked the lounger after testing in the first place). If you do forsee 5 or more people in the spa regularly, I'd skip the lounger.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rayz350

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 11:54:59 pm »
Thanks for putting things in perspective Spatech t.u.o..  I think I'll go with the Cameo since I don't have a wife or kids to share with...it'll probably be just me most the time anyways.  And I do like that lounger.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 07:52:07 am »
 And I do like that lounger.

The absolute best reason to choose the Cameo, then. The lounger wasn't for us, but it was nice to be able to try it out when we were shopping.  That's really the only way you'll know for sure.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 07:52:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42