What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Swim Spas  (Read 2986 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Swim Spas
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:00:38 am »
Anyone have one?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

Swim Spas
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:00:38 am »

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
Re: Swim Spas
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 11:15:12 am »
Nope.  
I helped a client sell a house that had one though.
It was a permanent in-ground installation and made selling the house a lot harder.  Anyone looking for a swimming pool was disappointed when they saw it and anyone hoping for a hot tub was let down too.  They aren't very common around here.
...because integrity's the key

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 01:33:03 pm »
They are certainly growing in popularity and I have heard nothing but positive responses from people who own them. I too have MANY stories of people trying to sell their home with a swimming pool in the back with little success. Some here are even filling them in to sell the house! At least with a swim spa, it's portable and you can take it with...

Less expensive than a pool, takes up less room, less maintenance, the ability to have a quality exercise  and a longer swim season are just a few of the benefits.

Here's a link to one I've personally used and found it incredible!

http://www.swimspas.com/

Steve
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 01:34:44 pm by Steve »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 08:04:49 pm »
We've sold a dozen or so in 15 years. It's a great idea. My opinion of swim jets is you don't need 'em. Either thy're too strong and you get blown against the back of it, or you get tired while swimming and the same thing happens. Or you're too strong of a swimmer and you swim to the front of it. ALL YOU NEED IS A TETHER!!!! We sell the tethers all summer to folks with little Aboveground pools.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 01:20:15 am »
If your primary reason is swimming in place for exercise, check out Endless Pools.  They have a better system for creating the current than the swim spas.  Swim Spas use jets where the Endless uses a propeller.  The water flow cone is wider and smoother.  

There is another exercise pool on the market called Infinite Pools.  Stay away from them.  They have poor quality, little customer service and have a bad reputation.  Their parent company, Wave Tec Pools was kicked out of the BBB.  

You can see Endless Pools at http://www.endlesspools.com
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 09:37:44 am »
Less expensive than a pool, takes up less room, less maintenance, the ability to have a quality exercise  and a longer swim season are just a few of the benefits.

Here's a link to one I've personally used and found it incredible!

http://www.swimspas.com/

Steve

Hey Steve how long into our winters do people keep these things open?  I work around the corner from the Factory I should stop in and have a look.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 09:37:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42