What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Do TDS test strips really work?  (Read 2185 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Do TDS test strips really work?
« on: November 07, 2006, 09:46:29 pm »
Saw this product at SpaDepot site.  I thought you had to buy an expensive meter to test for TDS.  Anyone use or have experience with these?  Thanks.

http://www.spadepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TB1017  

Hot Tub Forum

Do TDS test strips really work?
« on: November 07, 2006, 09:46:29 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Do TDS test strips really work?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 10:21:21 pm »
I was going to buy a meter, posted on here and after the discussion I decided to can it.

If you change your water at 3-4 months, you really don't need a TDS strip or meter. Water in my neck of the woods is cheap and it has been said in the past 'water is the best chemical you can put into the tub'.

There is a formula in the Taylor book that tells when to change the water, even that can be wrong.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 04:27:40 am »
Saw this product at SpaDepot site.  I thought you had to buy an expensive meter to test for TDS.  Anyone use or have experience with these?  Thanks.

http://www.spadepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TB1017  

After a while of spa ownership you will find that you will be able to tell when your TDS is to high and your water needs changing. I call it sluggish water. Watch your bubbles.
Retired

Webini

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 10:26:24 am »
I bought a canister of these to try.  Save your money.  The shades of orange on the test strip are so close together that it is almost impossible to get an accurate reading.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 10:26:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42