What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question about Optima plumbing  (Read 1566 times)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Question about Optima plumbing
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:10:54 pm »
In an effort to understand everything about my tub, I'm trying to figure out what the two water "exits" are that pump water into the bottom of the tub (see picture).  Can anyone tell me exactly what these two outlets are?

Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

Question about Optima plumbing
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:10:54 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Question about Optima plumbing
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:15:59 pm »
I can tell you that where the hot water and bublles come out is indeed your circ pump/ozonator/heater.

The other one? I dunno.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 01:21:05 pm »
The other is plumbed is shared with the waterfall.  The knob to the left of the waterfall controls the amount of water out of the waterfall and the outlet underneath it.  As you decrease the one, it increases out of the other

r100rs

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 02:27:01 pm »
Pg_rider,
That is one BEAUTIFUL piece of equipment! 8-)

Given the lack of a waterfall, my Bahia only has the circ pump/ozonator return line.  Wouldn't be surprised if the Optima's return line from the circ pump "splits" between the two outlets before ozone is injected into the one.

Just looking at that picture makes me want to go hop in the tub!  Surely half an hour away from work could be justified in the middle of the afternoon?  I'm getting.... um... carpal tunnel symptoms. :-?  Better go "therapize".  ::)
...because integrity's the key

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:39:30 pm »
Thanks for the definitive answers!  As you can imagine, the first thing I'm going to do when I get in the tub tonight is turn on the waterfall full blast to verify that the water coming in from the bottom outlet stops!  ;D

Silent, tell me about it -- my back is killing me sitting here at my desk.  I'd give anything to go home and soak right now!!!  :D
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 03:20:40 pm »
that tub looks amazing.  How come people dont get that colour of shell?  I always seem to see people post pictures with white optimas.  That looks so awsome.

the seating configuation is very much like the arctic tundra.  4 deep seats and 3 cool down seats.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 03:20:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42