What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: On a lighter note... (duckie question)  (Read 3069 times)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
On a lighter note... (duckie question)
« on: October 25, 2006, 03:37:54 pm »
My wife is a duckie fanatic but during my first test soak yesterday all the duckies ended up under the filter lid within seconds.  Is there any way to keep them floating within the tub???  My wifes good nature is on the line here!  :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:38:30 pm by pg_rider »
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

On a lighter note... (duckie question)
« on: October 25, 2006, 03:37:54 pm »

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
Re: On a lighter note... (duckie question)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 03:56:31 pm »
paul,

This is an area we need some entrepeneur to step in with a great idea to resolve the ducky containment issue.

I have a sharky thermometer that has a tether cord you can wrap around something like a diverter valve to keep him in line. Maybe a piece of rope around that little ducky's neck will do the trick.

Steve

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 04:15:48 pm »
A 5 pound anchor should do the trick............Seriously, anything floating will follow the flow of the water.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hammster

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:56:22 pm »
My wife is a duckie fanatic but during my first test soak yesterday all the duckies ended up under the filter lid within seconds.  Is there any way to keep them floating within the tub???  My wifes good nature is on the line here!  :)

Keep those duckies out of the filter. You could end up with a whole family of duckies before you know it.  ;D
Seriously,
We have found a couple of pockets of relatively calm water in our spa (unless the jets are going of course) and the ducks will hang out there for quite awhile before moving. If they head for the filter area, a quick lift of a foot or hand to redirect them works just fine. :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 06:57:51 pm by Hammster »

gturn

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:30:07 pm »
NO :'(

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 04:26:12 pm »
Hang on i call animal control

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 11:29:07 am »
I have a customer who has made a duck leash that elastic strap and wraps around the ducks neck and attaches to her finger using a ring set up. She states it provided her extreme enjoyment and fun for her and her family and no longer has to worry about the duck getting lost in the filter compartment.

Larry Becker

As a minister...
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 12:15:32 pm »
... I just HAD to have the Moses duck that my dealer had in his store... I commented on it and the dealer gave it to me, so I now have a duck in my tub.

Problem is... the waters keep parting! What's THAT all about?  :o

Larry
2005 D-1 Sarena Bay

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: As a minister...
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 12:25:57 pm »
... I just HAD to have the Moses duck that my dealer had in his store... I commented on it and the dealer gave it to me, so I now have a duck in my tub.

Problem is... the waters keep parting! What's THAT all about?  :o

Larry

Our dealer noticed the chia around my wife's neck and gave her a moses duck too. (unforutnaly, the paint can come off of it in the hot tub. No problem in the trichlor swimmin pool, but the dichlor hot tub, it was flaking off...So it made an exodus from the tub to the pool.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 01:13:07 pm »
Our dealer noticed the chia around my wife's neck...
OK, drewster, is that a small foreign car or a clay pot animal with sprouts growing on it?  Interesting jewelry either way.... ::)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 01:20:30 pm »
Our dealer noticed the chia around my wife's neck...
OK, drewster, is that a small foreign car or a clay pot animal with sprouts growing on it?  Interesting jewelry either way.... ::)

Oy vey, I'm surrounded by heathens!  ;)

A chai (pronouced 'ki" whith a gutteral hebrewesqe throat clearing sound  for the K sound.)   is a hebrew symbol for life  :D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:40:18 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 01:41:45 pm »
K, I realize that I may have just about 3.141592653589793 seconds before I get my flippant butt kicked, but that chai looks a lot like PI to me.

"Not apple pies, CHICKEN pies, you great lummox!"
(from the movie Chicken Run.)
...because integrity's the key

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 01:43:16 pm »
Sorry, drewmeister...I was nominated for "Heathen of the Year" but withdrew after Mel Gibson's misguided attempt to win...man, he sure made us "good" heathens look bad... :)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 01:51:39 pm »
K, I realize that I may have just about 3.141592653589793 seconds before I get my flippant butt kicked, but that chai looks a lot like PI to me.

"Not apple pies, CHICKEN pies, you great lummox!"
(from the movie Chicken Run.)

It sure does, but chai is from the hebrew for life (the letters chet - yod) and the Pi symbol was first used in 1706 by william jones.  I don't know why he chose it,  (the first calucations for Pi were done the babyloians, but math historians noted that in the 1st book of kings, verse 7,23 solomon's temple calcualtion employed the ratio of 3:1 (basically P1)...so maybe there is a conection? Perhaps William Jones was up on his hebrew?  ;)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:52:34 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 01:53:09 pm »
Sorry, drewmeister...I was nominated for "Heathen of the Year" but withdrew after Mel Gibson's misguided attempt to win...man, he sure made us "good" heathens look bad... :)

No problem,  Sugar T!ts!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Why the applogy?  I  don't expect anyone to know the hebrew alphabet. I certainly dont!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:55:45 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 01:53:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42