What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wes some Tundra Pics for you  (Read 2996 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Wes some Tundra Pics for you
« on: November 02, 2006, 06:40:12 pm »
Wes, her is my tub, thought I would share it with you.  Really like seeing you around here, hope you stick around now that your tub is here.

Hot Tub Forum

Wes some Tundra Pics for you
« on: November 02, 2006, 06:40:12 pm »

lagator43

• My wings are a shield of steel.
Re: Wes some Tundra Pics for you
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 07:46:21 pm »
Nice set up!  Is that moonscape? It looks like the same color as mine.  I have the Frontier model from Arctic.  Have you been pleased with the Tundra. If I remember, it is a very deep tub.  Which filter cycle do you use?  Do you use Bromine and refresh?  It is nice to see another Arctic tub out there.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 09:05:41 pm »
wow, you are really testing me now.  My tub is gray color I cant remember if it is lunar or moonscape.  One is more brown and one is more gray.  So thats mine.

Filter cycles, I wish I could remember, ill have to take a look and see.  

I use bromine and refresh and love it, I use microban filter not pleated.

I have the tundra signature series.  It is 38" deep I believe.  

I absoluetly love my tub.  There are several proud arctic owners her.  I would not change anything.

now i am going to have to pull out my manual to see how the cycles work again.  I set it once and that was it.  I believe it 2 hour filtration 3 times a day.  I am right just checked to confirm.  That is what I have been using since I have had the tub with no problems.

anne

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 10:01:27 pm »
I was recommended to have at least 6 hrs of filtration per day (so 2 hrs 3x/day makes sense). I have mine set at 2 hrs 4x/day. Just for the heck of it. Oh, yeah, also an Arctic. You just push the filter button and it displays how many hours and how many times per day (have to push it twice- cannot remember which value comes up first). You can change it by just pushing the up or down arrow when it is on the value you want to change.  
Dance like nobody's watching

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 09:13:07 am »
That's a nice looking tub....I really like your set up.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 09:25:45 am »
Hey I like that Arctic Tub cabinetry!

Looks like a nice set-up!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:26:42 am by Zep »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 10:24:37 am »
thanks, we had a cement patio poured.  It is 44x14. I didnt want it to look plain so I added 4 levels to the patio.  The tub sits on its own 14x14 patio.  We went with colored exposed agrigate cement with stamped borders.  I was intending on a gazeebo, but love the snow falling when I am in it.  So this is it.  

Last year was an expensive year here!!!! outside and basement in one year almost broke the bank.

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 10:26:23 am »
Nice of you to post those pics bosco. I like your full width steps and the bar unit, but did you have any reservations about drilling thru the cabinet to install it? I am looking for a couple inexpensive cup holders that can hang over the edge without impeding the closing of the cover.

I will hopefully get mine up Sunday or Monday if I can find that thread that instructed people on how to post pics. If someone has the "Cliff Notes" on the how to, please feel free to share again.

If yours is the gray shade, then you have Lunar. Since our house is tan cedar with brown trim, we went with the Moonscape which is the brown tinted product. Both are nice.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:29:12 am by wesj53 »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 10:28:25 am »
I tried phot bucket for the first time after asking here.  It is awsome and easy.  Open an account, upload your photos.  When you view your photos there, it automatically has the link done for you.  All that you need to do is cut copy and paste here and boom, your pictures are linked.

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 10:45:33 am »
That's gorgeous!  Thanks for sharing.
...because integrity's the key

anne

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 02:02:31 pm »
I am looking for a couple inexpensive cup holders that can hang over the edge without impeding the closing of the cover.

I'd wait till you get the tub and try it out. My Arctic has plenty of cup holders and flat places for cups to sit.

I will hopefully get mine up Sunday or Monday if I can find that thread that instructed people on how to post pics. If someone has the "Cliff Notes" on the how to, please feel free to share again.

Photobucket is super easy, I agree
Dance like nobody's watching

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 05:03:58 pm »
I added the side bar as you can see.  No one has ever sat at it.  But it is a great shelf for holding drinks.  In the winter when we are looking for a piss up I pack a pile of snow on it and shove 24 cold pops on it.  Me and the boys sit until we are beat.  Only time to get out is to roll in the snow or to refill the shelf.  

I like having the extra drink room.

As for drilling.  It sits there with approximately 10 screws.  Not a big deal, and if you want to take it off later, a little wood filler, the stainable type and it is done.  I wouldnt worry about it.

If you look at my setup, you will see that the shelf sits below the lip of the tub.  This was done to accomodate my cover lifter.  I like the look this way better anyway.  The very last piece of cedar on the shelf has a dip in it from where the lifter sits, but no conflict with it in anyway.  The weight of the cover caused the divit in the cedar top, only one piece, you cant even notice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 05:03:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42