What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Quick question on adding daily sanitizer  (Read 1506 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Quick question on adding daily sanitizer
« on: November 02, 2006, 10:18:16 pm »
OK so I add the one tsp of Dichlor per bather after we soak and shock with MPS weekly.  So far so good.  Question is when adding the daily Dichlor and weekly shock you should turn all the Jets on and move diverteres to middle.  Does one also need to start the air blower?  I have been doing this but is there any benefit to it?

Thanks,

Marc
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:18:42 pm by gores95 »

Hot Tub Forum

Quick question on adding daily sanitizer
« on: November 02, 2006, 10:18:16 pm »

anne

Re: Quick question on adding daily sanitizer
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 10:40:39 pm »
There was a recent discussion on making sure that your freshly chlorinated water makes it into all the pipes. I do that (ie, all diverters set midway and fountain on a dribble), and it makes sense that it is a good idea. I cannot see why you'd want the blower on. I think some here have mentioned that aeration will raise your pH, so that may not be good.
Dance like nobody's watching

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 11:10:19 pm »
There was a recent discussion on making sure that your freshly chlorinated water makes it into all the pipes. I do that (ie, all diverters set midway and fountain on a dribble), and it makes sense that it is a good idea. I cannot see why you'd want the blower on. I think some here have mentioned that aeration will raise your pH, so that may not be good.

Thanks Anne.  I understand about getting the chlorine in all piping.  Since the air blower pipes would not get water (and thus chlorine) in them I guess I don't have to turn it on.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:35:43 pm by gores95 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 08:46:30 am »

Thanks Anne.  I understand about getting the chlorine in all piping.  Since the air blower pipes would not get water (and thus chlroine) in them I guess I don't have to turn it on.

Does your air blower come on automaticly during a clean cycle? If not it is a good idea to turn your air blower on everyday to evacuate stagnant air and any stagnant water in the injector areas. On alot of brands there is a 30 second air blower cycle at the start of every filter cycle for this very purpose.
Retired

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 08:56:25 am »

Thanks Anne.  I understand about getting the chlorine in all piping.  Since the air blower pipes would not get water (and thus chlroine) in them I guess I don't have to turn it on.

Does your air blower come on automaticly during a clean cycle? If not it is a good idea to turn your air blower on everyday to evacuate stagnant air and any stagnant water in the injector areas. On alot of brands there is a 30 second air blower cycle at the start of every filter cycle for this very purpose.

Yes once every 24 hours when the auto-clean cycle starts.  It first activates the air blower for one minute.  Then activates one jet pump then the other.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 01:53:35 pm »
Your all set then.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 01:53:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42