What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Taylor test results  (Read 1508 times)

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
Taylor test results
« on: November 02, 2006, 03:13:40 pm »
I have the taylor 2006 test kit, which requires you to add 2 dips of powder to test Chlorine, which should turn the water pink to indicate Chlorine is present.  This only seems to happen after I add my daily tsp and test 20 minutes later.   I was working from home today, i went out to test the water during the day and added my two dips and water is clear (zero free chlorine).   If water does not turn pink, it tells me to add 1 drop until water turns pink. I add a single drop water turns slight pink color so i go on to next step to measure Chlorine level and its takes only 1 drop to make it clear, which gives me a reading of 0.5ppm.  

Since i'm a newbie, i need some help.

Water temp 98
PH Range is 7.4 -7.6  ..   Ever week I need to adjust upward.
Alkalinity 100...  This seems to be stable
FC = 0.5  ppm
CC = 0.5 ppm

After soak,  I add 1 tsp and my FC goes up to 3 ppm (I think is good) , but my CC seems to increase as well.

One, should my CC follow my FC reading?  The Taylor book says CC should be 0.5 ppm.
Two, should the FC disappear within a day  (Soaked at 10:30pm,  tested at 11:15pm  FC =  3ppm,   tested today at 2:30pm FC = 0)?

Hot Tub Forum

Taylor test results
« on: November 02, 2006, 03:13:40 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Taylor test results
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 07:04:48 pm »
That Taylor test kit doesn't have too many people using it ... I almost bought it once but ended up with the K-2005 kit instead.

Chlorine disappears as time goes on, so that's normal. CC should be 0. If CC is greater than 0 you may need to shock. The best time to test for CC is when FC =0.  I never test for CC whenever there's chlorine showing up in the water.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Taylor test results
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 07:04:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42