What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm all ready! But the tub's not. (site pics)  (Read 4464 times)

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
I'm all ready! But the tub's not. (site pics)
« on: October 26, 2006, 11:14:59 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(
Sorry for coming to the forum with tears in my eyes but I'm so let down.

We've been counting down the days 'till our new tub arrives and after several weeks, we were almost there! In fact, it was to be delivered TOMORROW!  I called the dealer today, all excited, to ask what time I should expect delivery.  Turns out that there was a mistake and my tub wasn't included in the last shipment. :-?
I guess that we're looking at another week or so before I can get into hot water.

On the bright side, the yard is ready for the tub now! The pad's poured, the approach path is done, the lighting's in place and the GFCI is wired and ready.  All my little spin-off projects seem to be finished (including some necessary demolition/insulation/reconstruction work that I discovered needed attention while running cable - man, there's always another job! ;D).

So, here's the work in progress, folks...

The whole site:

The flagstone "approach" path to the pad:

View of the site from the patio door:

A bit of the pad detail:

We've had a really wet fall and between the leaf stains and foot traffic, the concrete's already getting that weathered look that makes it blend in better with the flagstone. Won't be long before it seems like it's always been there.

I promise to post more pics of the tub's eventual arrival - hopefully before too long!

...because integrity's the key

Hot Tub Forum

I'm all ready! But the tub's not. (site pics)
« on: October 26, 2006, 11:14:59 pm »

MostlyLurkingGal

Re: I'm all ready! But the tub's not. (site pics)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 11:19:39 pm »
Very nice set up...... LOVE that brick walkway!

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 11:22:35 pm »
OH!  Thanks.  That was a different project from a couple of years ago.  Needed a path to the pool, you know... ;)

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 12:00:05 am »
Site looks nice. Hope the delay was just an over sight. I suspect I am sufficiently paranoid to think the worst were that to happen to me and it would be raising red flags all over the place!  >:(
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 01:36:25 am »
Is that direct burial cable that you pulled or standard 6/3 cable?

tileman

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 02:11:19 am »
Wow, that is a very nice getaway. I love the whole one with nature aproach to your backyard. Everything seems to flow right into together. I bet you are a very creative person in all aspects of your life. Don't let this little bump in the road ruin your experience. It will only make it that much better when it finally does arrive.

Chad

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 09:29:27 am »
Site looks nice. Hope the delay was just an over sight. I suspect I am sufficiently paranoid to think the worst were that to happen to me and it would be raising red flags all over the place!  
Thanks,  tanstaafl2.  I'm not worried - yet. I like my dealer and I trust him. The only thing that bothers me a bit about the situation was that I had to call him to find out about the delay.  I would have hoped that he'd call me at the first sign of trouble.  Anyway, the first words out of his mouth were that he will hold himself accountable for the delay (even though the manufacterer caused it) and will make it up to me.  Good guy.

Is that direct burial cable that you pulled or standard 6/3 cable?
Cola, that's regular cable that I pulled through PVC conduit. I have kept the conduit sealed from the weather and now that the cable's run, there's a pail over that loop of wire you can see (didn't want the pail in the pic ::))

Wow, that is a very nice getaway. I love the whole one with nature aproach to your backyard. Everything seems to flow right into together.
Thanks, Chad. Long ago, from my school days, one of my biology teachers used to say, "there are no straight lines in nature!" and it must have stuck with me. The yard's been a work in progress over the last few years. When we moved in 4 years ago, there was nothing back there except the pool, the arbour that you see - and grass. Job #1 was a deck and it sort-of took on a life of its own from there!  My fave is the treehouse because my son and I built it all from recycled materials.
If you're going to make it, might as well make it fun! ;D

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 10:12:33 am »
That is a great looking site!  It really looks like you planned ahead to make it look like a natural setting.  I love the brick walk.  Did you do that yourself?  If so.....wow! ::)

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 07:57:45 pm »
Thanks, Hottbpete.
I did do the walk myself (my first attempt at this kind of thing, actually) so there are a few things that I'd do differently next time.  It has stayed put over the years though so I'm pleased.
Once again, this was a "leftover" project. I picked up two part-skids of brick for a bargain and had to figure out how to make the two colours work together. I'm such a "scrounger"!
 ;D
Glad you like it.

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 08:02:24 pm »
Just a quick update... Sundance is shipping my new tub from California (to Ontario) this coming Wednesday.  All going well, it should arrive in just about a week.  Cross your fingers!

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 08:58:57 pm »
Hang in there Neighbor!
Half the fun is the anticipation.  Just like being a kid all over again. ;D

P.S.  Great site, I think I recognize that back yard ::) ,   Just kiddin'

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 12:26:27 pm »
Silent Water,

That truly is a lovely site. So sorry to hear of the disappointment on the delivery - being a recent buyer myself, I remember that feeling of wanting it NOW! :)

The good news is, you'll be able to enjoy the whole thing for a good long time once your installation is complete, and the investment in making the surroundings just right will really pay off!

Congrats!

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 10:05:44 pm »
Your site looks great.

Have you considered using a cement sealer, such as Xypex to waterproof your concrete?

regards, Zz   :)

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 11:02:30 pm »
Posted by: ZzTop

Have you considered using a cement sealer, such as Xypex to waterproof your concrete?

Hey, ZzTop!
I thought about sealing it, yes.  Would sure prolong its life...
But because the concrete is so smooth (no broom finish due to the leaf pattern) I was worried that if I sealed the concrete, it would make a very slippery surface.  Is this Xypex stuff textured/grippy at all?  The only sealed concrete I've ever walked on barefoot has been pretty slick when it's wet.

Is this a real concern or am I just making up stuff to worry about?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 11:02:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42