What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Daytime pics of deck/patio & GENEVA baby!!!!  (Read 5703 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Daytime pics of deck/patio & GENEVA baby!!!!
« on: October 27, 2006, 09:03:44 am »
I had some extra time this morning so I snapped off a few more pics of my setup.  A couple of weeks ago I put away all our tables, chairs and tiki bar.  Only a few chairs, the firepit and the tub remain.  The deer are VERY agressive in our area.  You can see they started to much the mums on the left.  I figured being on the patio i wouldn't have to spay them...guess I was wrong.  :-/

Note the outdoor temp was 29 degrees this morning here in NW NJ.  The frozen water in our birdbath is testament to that!  Frost everywhere (including the top of my spa cover, which is a good thing).  I had cranked the heat to 104 last night and sure enough this morning my digital thermometer read 104.2!!!!  I may even take a quick soak before leaving for work.  Anyway enjoy the pics!

Marc

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:13:52 am by gores95 »

Hot Tub Forum

Daytime pics of deck/patio & GENEVA baby!!!!
« on: October 27, 2006, 09:03:44 am »

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Re: Daytime pics of deck/patio & GENEVA baby!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 09:06:52 am »
Looking back at my pics, why do all white tubs' water look light blue?  You would think with a white background it would look, well, white!  Could it be the reflection of the sky???

All chems, etc. in just about normal range BTW.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 09:13:05 am »
Sky.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 09:21:19 am »
Nice set up. I am very impressed with the pavers. Looks like it's also getting a bit frosty out there.  :)

How have you found getting into the tub where the lounger is? I know you were concered about it. How has it worked for you?

07 Caldera Geneva

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 09:29:06 am »
Nice set up. I am very impressed with the pavers. Looks like it's also getting a bit frosty out there.  :)

How have you found getting into the tub where the lounger is? I know you were concered about it. How has it worked for you?

Thanks Drew.  Pavers are Techo Bloc and our contractor recommended them.  More expensive but worth it.  As for the lounger no problems yet.  In the next few weeks I am going to remove part of the railing of the deck and install a small gate to the tub which will make our walk shorter in the winter.  I am also thinking of buying one of the small Leisure time steps and put it on the left side of the tub (looking at it from the control panel) so we have another entrance not at the lounger.  The current steps are too big to fit there now so the "main" entrance will always be at the lounger.  No big deal though!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:29:40 am by gores95 »

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 09:47:32 am »
Those are awesome pics, Marc!  You've created a true backyard oasis.  I also like that your neighbourhood doesn't have fences (yet?).  Feels like you back onto a park.

Looking back at my pics, why do all white tubs' water look light blue?  You would think with a white background it would look, well, white!  Could it be the reflection of the sky???
Actually, I think that the water looks pale blue for the same reason that the sky and the oceans look blue - the bending of light. Because if its wavelength (uh-oh! techno-babble) the blue light gets bounced around more by the water molecules so that's the colour we see.  It's so faint in a small body of water like this that only the light-shelled tubs make it noticeable.

OK. Going back to crawl under my rock now. :-[
...because integrity's the key

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 10:17:13 am »
nice setup, I really like some of the choices you made .. Looks like you have some hot air leaking into your attic though..

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 10:18:38 am »
Great Looking place.  The pavers really make it look great.  The placemant of the Tub is really good use of space also.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 10:30:33 am »
nice setup, I really like some of the choices you made .. Looks like you have some hot air leaking into your attic though..

Hey Sled where did you see that?  The roof this morning was also completely frosty but I want to see if you are pulling my leg or I missed something!

Marc

tileman

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 11:08:41 am »
Marc, that is some of the prettiest paver work I've seen. 8-) It looked so good that I actually thought it was stamped concrete at first. :-? I noticed an outdoor shed out in the distance, I guess that's where you go when the wife "puts you in the doghouse.'' ;D ;D Btw, what kind of draining system did they use, as it seems like the patio has a pretty nice fall to it. I too went w/ a Platinum color shell and personally like the blue hue to the water. It really illuminates the leds at night and makes for a cleaner looking tub. I kind of compare it to toilet bowls,(Iknow how gross) but you can only tell if something is spotlessly clean if it is white. This is also why I own a pearl car. I love keeping my baby spotless.  8-)

Chad

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 06:53:15 pm »
Marc, that is some of the prettiest paver work I've seen. 8-) It looked so good that I actually thought it was stamped concrete at first. :-? I noticed an outdoor shed out in the distance, I guess that's where you go when the wife "puts you in the doghouse.'' ;D ;D Btw, what kind of draining system did they use, as it seems like the patio has a pretty nice fall to it. I too went w/ a Platinum color shell and personally like the blue hue to the water. It really illuminates the leds at night and makes for a cleaner looking tub. I kind of compare it to toilet bowls,(Iknow how gross) but you can only tell if something is spotlessly clean if it is white. This is also why I own a pearl car. I love keeping my baby spotless.  8-)

Chad

Thanks for the kind words.  The patio really does not have a drainage system other than to gradually funnel water to where the paver path meets the patio.  This is on the opposite side of the spa.  We've had a few good rains, inluding one expected tonight and tomorrow and thus far no issues...knock wood!

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 07:11:32 am »
To the right of the speaker.
Are those HTD outdoor speakers? If so I have the same ones.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 08:53:50 am »
To the right of the speaker.
Are those HTD outdoor speakers? If so I have the same ones.

Actually Polk Audio outdoor speakers.  They CRANK!  I did look to the right and couldn't see anything.  Sould I lbe ooking under the eaves or on the roof itself?  You can see the wires running up to the eaves.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:01:32 pm by gores95 »

anne

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 01:36:26 pm »
I love those pavers, and the border looks great, too. Great job.
Dance like nobody's watching

seamoe

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 07:57:18 pm »
Where did you get your steps? I have the exact same spa...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 07:57:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42