What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is this just me???????  (Read 4864 times)

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
Is this just me???????
« on: October 27, 2006, 06:33:40 am »
Lately after the kids are in bed my wife me jump in for a soake. This is a dayly thing by now.
Here is my question! Most of the time we find ouer selfs sitting in the tub with no pumps running at all. Is this just me?    

Hot Tub Forum

Is this just me???????
« on: October 27, 2006, 06:33:40 am »

Movinon

• Grilln and chilln
Re: Is this just me???????
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 06:38:57 am »
When I enjoy me soaks I spend more time with the pumps running then not.  

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 06:41:15 am »
Nope, it isn't just you.  

That is why people looking for a spa shouldn't get so hung up on the number of jets that the spa has.  Comfort should be the most important factor when shopping.  There is just more to it than the number of jets.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 06:44:24 am »
Vlady
I also find out that i don't like the jets that much. I rather just use the blower for air injection.

grumpy

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 08:04:36 am »
I enjoy it more with the pumps off  :D

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 08:55:56 am »
My wife and I enjoy sitting in absolute silence.  It is so nice to enjoy hot water in peace and quiet.  To babies, both of us cops wears us out sometimes.  So to be able to sit out in the dark with hot water is great.

I like the pumps, but just not the way that I thought that I would.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 09:11:00 am »
I like it both ways.  Having a great massage with nice jets is fantastic.  But shutting off the jets and just soaking is very nice and relaxing as well. Many times after working out all the aches an pains with the jets, I'll turn them off and just enjoy the hot water. It's very tranquil.

Also when I have friends over, many times I find it's hard to have a conversation with the jets on high and since the tub is full, there isn't much "Sharing or moving of seat postions. so after a while, I'll turn the jets off.

I agree with Vlady to a point, not to get caught up in the number of jets, but rather the quality and the therapy the jets provide, but lets face it, all hot tubs, you can turn the jets completly off, so in light of this specific topic of turning the jets off, then it's moot.

I like multi speed pumps as welll as mulitple pumps. You can tune the massage a little bit better than with a single speed pump.  
07 Caldera Geneva

lagator43

• My wings are a shield of steel.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 09:42:48 am »
I  enjoy a soak before bed with the jets off.  I find it much more relaxing when it is absolutely quiet.  My bride on the other hand seems to be enjoying the jets! ;)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 09:49:07 am »
J - E - T - S  JETS  JETS  JETS!!!!!!!!!

Oh we weren't talking about the football Jets?  My mistake!  ;)

Seriously in addition to the 4-3 Jets I enjoy the Spa's jets on and off, with or without air.  Its all good!  It is pretty nice to sit in a quiet tub with the wife and just enjoy the stars.....

clover

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 10:16:46 am »
It is called, "finding your comfort zone".  When we noticed this, we discovered ourselves doing the same thing and realizing we didn't turn the jets on when we were getting out, but we definitely enjoyed the deep, hot water soak.  
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 11:31:49 am »
My wife enjoys just soaking and my kids use it as a swimming pool during the summer. That is why having a filtration system that can turn the water over and skim effectively without having the main pumps on is important to our family. Over the years we have owned tubs that have used a 2 speed jet pump for filtration, but we experienced cloudy water and scum line. We then had a tub that had a 5000 gallon a day circ pump, but the skimmer door stayed up when we soaked. The tub had "equalizers" which by passed the skimming action of the pump. Currently our Beachcomber 750 has a 40,000 a day hush pump that turns the water over and skims the top surface area of the water.
When choosing a tub think about how you are going to use it. Think about comfort and ease of use. It's funny how with my 1st tub 20 years ago it only had 5 jets and I had the jets on all the time. Now my tub has over 50 jets and we only have the jets on 1/5 of the time.

Slappy

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 12:31:13 pm »
Sitting in the tub last night, just me and my girl, Pumps on, air on. She says "these air bubbles are cold".
We turned off the air and sat quietly in 98 water and never enjoyed so much. Is there a heater on those air pumps? Mine must not work.

anne

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 12:53:50 pm »
I am probably soaking in silence about 1/3 the time and enjoying massaging jets the other 2/3, but with other people in the tub, the jets tend to stay off more. Too noisy.
Dance like nobody's watching

tileman

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 01:16:47 pm »
I haven't got my spa just yet, but I can imagine that after a good 30 min massage I will probably turn them off and relax in silent water for a while.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 01:25:16 pm »
Sitting in the tub last night, just me and my girl, Pumps on, air on. She says "these air bubbles are cold".
We turned off the air and sat quietly in 98 water and never enjoyed so much. Is there a heater on those air pumps? Mine must not work.

My understanding is the air blower intake is under the tub so while its a little bit warmer than the outside air, in the fall/winter you will feel the cold air.  I actually like the cold feeling the air jets give.  

I just wonder how much having the air blower on, not to mention turning on the air diverters on the main jets, cools down the tub in the winter?  I am thinking it might be best in colder climates to refrain from adding air to the spa water...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 01:25:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42