What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Good one  (Read 6016 times)

clover

Re: Good one
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 10:19:00 pm »
It is often said, it is better to seek forgiveness than to ask for permission. ;)
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 10:19:00 pm »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Some people have nothing better to do
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 10:57:42 pm »
I feel for you...Seems some neighbors (ALL neghborhoods) have nothing better to do than this crap.  I received a "notice" of non-compliance in that the air conditioner's on the side of my house are in "plain sight"?  WTF?  If this was an issue, the BUILDER should have been forced to have "hidden them.  To make it worse, the idiots won't even let me place a fence-style barrier... it HAS to be plants.  The plants have to be tall enough to hide the units yet not be any taller than 4 feet tall... ARGH!   All this over std AC EVERYONE in the neighborhood has and yet my next door  neighbor won't (weeds) more than once a month (They call is a lawn but it is composed 95% of crab grass).  Guess what happens every 3 weeks...Yep, the crab grass goes to seed.  So essentially, he is seeding my lawn with crabgrass.  Argh!!!!
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 08:50:41 pm »
here is what i did
i send a letter in for the appoval of the tub.
it is now about 2 weeks later and i have not heard an other thing about it.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 09:02:14 pm »
I would have asked first.......prior to moving in.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 09:05:11 pm »
try to read through one of those, it's way to long.
at this point i really could not care less. i truly belive that they can not refuse my hot tub

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 09:27:47 pm »
There was a guy on TV last night, on "What's with That House?" on HGTV.

He bought a property in a nice neighborhood, big lot.  He wanted to knock down the existing small house and build 2 houses.  The HOA said he couldn't do that because his property is "zoned for farmland".

So he got some pigs, roosters, sheep & 2 peacocks.

The pigs smell, the sheep are loud, the roosters wake up the whole neighborhood at 6am, and he says when the peacocks become adults they will be loud enough to hear for blocks around.

He's now waiting for the HOA to cave in.

:)

-geekd

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 09:43:11 pm »
I LOVE that farmland reference. GOOD FOR HIM!  However, the HOA's CAN and DO have the ability to levy fines and can even place liens against your property.  You may "ignore it" but then when it comes time to sell your house, you may be in a world of hurt with fees, late payments, etc that you MUST pay off (or settle in court) prior to closing on YOUR OWN HOUSE.   My advice...Submit your request for approval.  If they turn you down get specific details that outline what EXACTLY is not in compliance.   Make certain to place carefully structured text into your application. Something like "...and I believe that this will be in compliance with neighborhood guideances.  If I haven't recieved a response within 2 weeks of submittal, that will be an admission by the HOA panel of acceptance of my hottub and an acknowldgement of compliance on my part".  You can push it even further asking them to provide you a formal response with the HOA's attorney's letterhead within that same (reasonable) two week period.  All this does it FORCE them to respond promptly and in a court of law their delays could be viewed in your favor.  Use the law to your advantage and you should do OK here.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 09:48:03 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 09:45:48 pm »
your right but it takes a few month before they can do somthing.
and by them i am hopfully out of there

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 09:14:41 am »
HOA's and covenants are one of the dumbest things I've ever come across. When I moved into my home several years ago, a neighbor approached me, introduced himself and asked if I would be in favor of creating a HOA. I said: "I'd pack up and leave before I agreed to that. One of the reasons I built a home here is because there isn't a HOA!"

A co-worker got himself voted on as the president of his HOA for the sole reason of having it abolished. He succeeded and he says how much nicer it is to live there now. For everyone!

What sucks is most of the stiffs on these boards don't want to take any initiative to solve the problems in a respectable time-frame. Let me say I'm basing that on many stories I've heard regarding situations like this.
If they were smart they'd tell the person(s) complaining to shut their traps and take care of their own business.
It's a sad day when you can't put a tub in your own yard. :'(

Good luck Frank. I feel for you.

Damn, now I'm grouchy. >:(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 09:14:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42