What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: help !! stickey blue/green film  (Read 2055 times)

grumpy

help !! stickey blue/green film
« on: October 30, 2006, 06:05:56 pm »
 >:(  I have a blueish green stickey film around the edge of the tub. I am using a Biguanide sanitizer made by Leisure Time. All my readings are correct and I've double check and had the hot tub dealer check and all OK. My hot tub dealer says it's the water reacting with the chemicals, caused by all the rain we've had in the spring. I've tried different things my dealer suggested with very little results. Any suggestions or do I have to go vermonter method? I like the Biguanide sanitizer for ease of maintenace.  :-/

Hot Tub Forum

help !! stickey blue/green film
« on: October 30, 2006, 06:05:56 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: help !! stickey blue/green film
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 06:41:16 pm »
Grumpy,

First let me say I have zero knowledge of Baqua as a tub sanitzer/chem routine, so I won't comment on it.
The build up of " blueish green stickey film " is probably an accumulation of oils, sweat, lotions, hair conditioners etc. etc. and a real good shock should take care of it

Good luck
Bullfrog 451

anne

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 06:44:19 pm »
I like the Biguanide sanitizer for ease of maintenace.  :-/

I wish I had something constructive to tell you. When I was researching biguanides vs chlorine, I heard about that residue you mention a number of times, and that was one of the things that made me think perhaps it was NOT a good "low maintenance" solution for me. You are not alone.

HottubDan may have advice. I think he likes and can troubleshoot biguanides.
Dance like nobody's watching

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 07:39:40 pm »
Thanks for the comment, Anne.  Come and visit sometime.

How old is the spa water?  If close to 3 months then drain and start over.  Make sure you balance the water 1st in the following order:

TA
pH
CH

If the water is a fresher fill, increase the use of what BaquaSpa calls Waterline Control.  Not sure what Leisure Time calls it.

Let us know how it is working.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

grumpy

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 07:07:13 am »
 Make sure you balance the water 1st in the following order:

TA
pH
CH

The water is only 2 weeks old. This has been an on going problem before this change also. The water is balanced CH I assume you mean chlorine witch it is a chlorine free system. I'm going to give it another week to see if I can fix the problem, if not I'm going to vermonter method.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 07:07:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42