What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What is the weekly order to clean tub  (Read 1603 times)

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
What is the weekly order to clean tub
« on: October 30, 2006, 03:37:34 pm »
I've had my tub now 3 weeks and things are going fine.   Once a week I shock the tub with MPS shock and rinse my filters, in that order.   The question I have is should I be rinsing my filters before or after shocking?   So far everytime i've shocked my filters are nice and white.  The only thing I see happen with the rinse, is some hair and small  leafs.

The tub is a HS, with Tri-X filters.

does anyone have a problems with falling leafs landing in the tub?  i try to scoop them up quickly, but some break into tiny little pieces.

Hot Tub Forum

What is the weekly order to clean tub
« on: October 30, 2006, 03:37:34 pm »

anne

Re: What is the weekly order to clean tub
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 04:36:06 pm »
I have huge oak trees in my back yard right over the tub, and this time of year I am cleaning up 3-6 garbage cans full of leaves every week. Some always fall in the tub when I have the cover off, and I scoop them out, but a few always end up in the filter basket. Not a big deal. PITA, but not a big deal.
Dance like nobody's watching

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 04:53:08 pm »
I also Anne. In fact, 5 mature white oaks, all about 80-100' tall. Talk about leaves!?! When we first moved here in 1989, I bagged them. Well after 30 - 55 gall size recycling type bags the first year,  every year since, I mulch them first with my lawn mower and then bag the remnants. I still produce 6-7 bag fulls in the fall, but a lot better than raking and raking and raking. They're falling as we speak with about 1/2 down. And acorns! This variety is supposed to produce every other year, but we have had about 3-4 55 gallon garbage containers the last 3 years straight. This year - finally NONE. Thank God! When they start falling in late Sept, we're going to have to wear helmets while soaking! Tundra coming tomorrow!

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 09:05:04 pm »
It's good to regularly peek into the filter compartment for leaves. One or two leaves create a big sanitizer demand.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 09:05:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42