What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: N2 help, please  (Read 2172 times)

anne

N2 help, please
« on: October 27, 2006, 07:06:39 pm »
I use Metal gone at the start of each fill b/c I have HARD water. I remember being told that I should wait to put the N2 cartridge in, but not sure how long to wait. I just changed my water. Put the N2 in later today after I balance it? wait until tomorrow? longer? Somehow I remember something about more than a day to wait.....thanks!
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

N2 help, please
« on: October 27, 2006, 07:06:39 pm »

anne

Re: N2 help, please
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 11:35:52 am »
Anyone? Anyone?

Larry Becker

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 01:24:12 pm »
I use the Dimension Vision system, which is their version of N2 and the instructions say to wait, I think, 24 hours before putting the Vision cartridge in. I'm at work and I don't see an online version of their instructions for it.

It makes sense, though, to wait before putting it in. If Metalgon gets rid of metals in the tub, it certainly would affect the metal ions in the N2 cartridge. I'm surprised the instructions for the N2 doesn't address this...

I'd wait 24 hours at least -- I'll check when I get home later today and post the exact wording.

Larry Becker
2005 D-1 Sarena Bay

anne

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 01:48:01 pm »
Thanks! My packaging has no specific instructions about when to out it in, and I swear I remember that being an issue last time. It has been a while since I used N2. If nothing else, I'll put it in tomorrow morning. That would be 36+ hrs after the metal gone.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 01:10:08 am »
Bummer. You should have waited 38.5 hours. Now you need a new cart.

Kidding-

I don't know for sure about this, I have gotten conflicting reports. Even from the LT rep and the Baqua rep who used to work for LT.

So I just say wait a couple of days.

I also found that adding metal gon today and rinsing the filter off tomorrow is a good idea.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

anne

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 02:27:20 am »
Sounds reasonable. Thanks Chas.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 12:36:40 pm »
If you follow the LeisureTime instructions with their mineral cartridge (its a Frog), you can install the cartridge right away.  I generally wait about a day to add it.

Larry Becker

?? 48 hours?
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 02:36:54 am »
Oh, dear... Saturdays & Sundays get a little intense for ministers sometimes -- and Reformation Sunday for a Lutheran minister especially so...

Anyway, excuses for tardiness aside, here is the text from my D1 Vision manual: "Stain & Scale and Metal Sequestrant products are to be used only upon start-up and/or water changes, WAIT AT LEAST 48 HOURS TO INSTALLING THE VISION CARTRIDGE, as they may reduce the effectiveness of Vision."

Sorry, Anne... 36 hours should be ok, especially if N2 doesn't specify. The guy that installed my spa was about to put it in before he left, and the spa had just been filled. I pointed out the bit in the instructions about waiting 48 hours and he was startled -- had no idea... He had ALWAYS put it in immediately before, and he'd been doing it for years.

I tend to be a little careful about reading instructions (anal, some would say  ::)). It seems to me that a little time at least would be good to let the tub balance a bit before you put the silver ion cartridge.

Larry

(AND I couldn't get on the forum for a while this evening...)
2005 D-1 Sarena Bay

anne

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 04:41:56 am »
Thank you, all. Today got crazy, and I never installed it, so I'll do it tomorrow, definitely 48 hrs past now!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 04:41:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42