What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How do I know my O-Zone is working?  (Read 1608 times)

ghiapilot

How do I know my O-Zone is working?
« on: October 26, 2006, 09:25:54 pm »
Hello,

With a lot of helpful info I found on this board, I decided to purchase a Sundance Cameo.  I was wondering, besides the o-zone generator buzzing when it is on, how do I know it is doing any good?  Are there any signs when it goes bad?

The reason I ask, when generator was installed, somehow the o-zone injection line was kinked and the installer did not notice that there wasn't any bubbles coming from the port (not sure how he missed that??)  A couple weeks later when a friend came over he asked why I did'nt get the O-zone.....  (This is our first spa and did not know about the bubbles from it).  We pulled a side panel and found and fixed the kink, and it looks to be working fine now........ thing is I do not notice any difference with the water maintenance?  

Was the O-zone worth the extra $$$ or just a gimmick?

Thanks,
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

How do I know my O-Zone is working?
« on: October 26, 2006, 09:25:54 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: How do I know my O-Zone is working?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 10:14:03 pm »
Can you smell the ozone gas? I believe spatech says that it smells like fresh watermelon. Others have described the smell in other ways but it sure smells like watermelon to me. Give it a wiff when you're in the spa. Don't over do it though.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 10:30:57 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

tileman

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 10:36:10 pm »
If you can see the little bubbles coming up from the port, then you should be good to go I would think. As far as it being worth the extra money , I guess that would depend on how much the upgrade was. Usually that is not an issue as most spas nowadays come with one included. The extra sanitation can never hurt though. :)

Tileman

ghiapilot

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 11:51:00 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I will have to give it a sniff test next time I go to soak!  I agree, any extra help to keep things clean is a bonus.

Again, Thanks.
Mike

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 07:22:17 am »
The problem is, you generally don't know when ozone is working. Bubbles just mean your venturi is working and that some form of gas, ozone, oxygen or whatever is being injected. The sniff test is nice but remember that is nitric acid you are sniffing so do not sniff right from the tube. Because of ozone 30% of my left lung was destroyed. If you try to sniff the water, well, most tubs now have a contact chamber that will make sure all the ozone has done it's destroying before it hits the bather area.
Most ozones stop producing an effective amount of ozone after 16-18 months, but most spa owners would come into my store 4 or more years later and say that their water care is so simple with ozone. I always bit my tongue knowing the ozone hadn't been working for years on their tub. I use to through them in ( meaning built the price into the total price of the tub) but now I see ozone being sold as a no maitenance water care system, when in fact it is virtually the same.

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 07:44:02 am »
Ghiapilot

Your ozone generator should operate during filter cycles.  If you remove your equipment compartment door during a cycle you should see some kind of indicator light on.  Ours ( a dell  CD unit ) has a reddish/purple glow in the window.  There is also a indicator stripe to show the condition of the CD chip
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 07:44:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42