What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trixie wants to know...  (Read 8764 times)

Bama

Re: Trixie wants to know...
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 10:22:54 am »
Is it from Trixie's romance? ::)

What chems are you using?  Slimy doesn't usually happen.

Do you keep all the jets on when shocking or dosing with dichlor? Do you leave all the jets on if your tub clears it's lines?

Vinny, are you my long lost cousin from New Jersy???

Trixie pours 2 capfuls of Dichlor into a *Spiderman net, then she turns on all the jets and dips the net in and out of the water, (like dunking a tea bag) until all the dichlor has dissolved.  The jets are left on for about 10 minutes. The last step is to dip a test strip in for testing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 10:22:54 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 10:29:38 am »

Do you keep all the jets on when shocking or dosing with dichlor? Do you leave all the jets on if your tub clears it's lines?

Trixie pours 2 capfuls of Dichlor into a *Spiderman net, then she turns on all the jets and dips the net in and out of the water, (like dunking a tea bag) until all the dichlor has dissolved.  The jets are left on for about 10 minutes. The last step is to dip a test strip in for testing.

Just toss the granules into the water with the jets on full.  no need for fishnet stockings.
07 Caldera Geneva

SugarBear

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 10:30:25 am »
I don't know about everyone else, but I have found test strips to be very unreliable.  I bought the Lamotte electronic tester, mainly because I thought that I was not reading the test strips correctly, with these old eyes.  At times, I have found that the test strips read everything is in order.  I then have done a test with the meter and found that the PH and or Alk was out of wack.  I still use the strips, mainly because I have so many of them, but follow it up with the meter, every once in a while, which I have found to be very reliable.  Just my opinion.

Also, I think I read here or somewhere else, that the human body gives off about a half pint of fluid (perspiration, body oils, etc.) for every 30 minutes of soaking.  So depending on how many people use the tub...it could be a lot of fluids being added to a very fertile breading tank.  Showering helps the extra stuff that we put on our bodies, but the rest is just part of human nature.  Slimy is never good.  I would also shock and sanitize to get rid of it.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 10:33:52 am »
When I just got my tub last year, I found it to be slimey from time to time.  No Love juices, just slime.  I went to the my local shop and told them and they said try a scum sponge.  I threw it in the water and within a few days no more slime.  Now I cant live without my sponge floating around the tub, it eliminates all the junk that floats in the water from my body and creams etc. etc.

anne

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 11:16:43 am »
Hair in the tub is unavoidable, so if hair conditioners are released in the tub, wouldn't the test strips indicate something's out of whack?  That's the part that is confusing, test strips indicate all is well.
  Since Trixie showers prior to tubbing, and doesn't use much hair conditioner in the first place, how much conditioner would be too much?  Granted, Trixie has a lot of long hair, so there's probably more conditioner in her hair than she realizes.  Do you know of a hair conditioner that doesn't have a heavy wax base or is tub friendly while still managing to untangle a lot of long hair?  
Thanks for your help.

I have no idea if enough conditioner is left to be a problem, assuming that youre not using the "leave in" type, or styling stuff, which I'm sure you have already washed out. I personally put my hair up in a big clip and try to keep it all out of the water. Sometimes I'm more successful than other times, and even when I do get my hair all wet, it has never casued a problem. I think that Drew is on to the right answer, and I'll give a second vote for how great Mr Clean is. As for the scum sponges, I tried that and really did not like it. Just got caught in the filter, and seemed not to add anything to my water quality. But it could be worth a try!
Dance like nobody's watching

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 01:14:57 pm »
I thought when I looked through the bushes Trixie didn't have any hair.  With the light reflecting off the snow I'm sure I'm right.

lagator43

• My wings are a shield of steel.
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 01:31:39 pm »
I have a 4  and 7 year old.  The Magic Eraser is a must around our house.  I live in St.Albert, Alberta, Canada and it is getting cold at night.  Me and the Mrs. like to soak at 103.  My wife likes it hot.  ;)  I lower it to 101 when the kids are in.  

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 01:32:44 pm by lagator43 »

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 02:17:10 pm »
I personally put my hair up in a big clip and try to keep it all out of the water.

Yup, same here. Not just to protect the water but because I'm not real interested in developing a green tinge to my luvverly blonde locks :) Plus, hair in filters is just ICK!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 02:18:16 pm »
I personally put my hair up in a big clip and try to keep it all out of the water.

Yup, same here. Not just to protect the water but because I'm not real interested in developing a green tinge to my luvverly blonde locks :) Plus, hair in filters is just ICK!

I didn't know naturally blonde hair turned green with chlorine.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:19:14 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 02:21:50 pm »

;D One time I went to get my hair cut and the woman asked me, "Who did your highlights? Very nice!"

I said, "God"

Could be I'm mistaken about turning green, but would rather not risk it :)

Bama

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 04:28:21 pm »
I don't know about everyone else, but I have found test strips to be very unreliable.  I bought the Lamotte electronic tester, mainly because I thought that I was not reading the test strips correctly, with these old eyes.  At times, I have found that the test strips read everything is in order.  I then have done a test with the meter and found that the PH and or Alk was out of wack.  I still use the strips, mainly because I have so many of them, but follow it up with the meter, every once in a while, which I have found to be very reliable.  Just my opinion.

Also, I think I read here or somewhere else, that the human body gives off about a half pint of fluid (perspiration, body oils, etc.) for every 30 minutes of soaking.  So depending on how many people use the tub...it could be a lot of fluids being added to a very fertile breading tank.  Showering helps the extra stuff that we put on our bodies, but the rest is just part of human nature.  Slimy is never good.  I would also shock and sanitize to get rid of it.

Trixie like appliances, where do you get this meter?  

Bama

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 04:31:50 pm »
I thought when I looked through the bushes Trixie didn't have any hair.  With the light reflecting off the snow I'm sure I'm right.

Trixie, has a lot of hair that she is thinking of cutting off, since it stays wet all the time from frequent tubbing!
Snow, are you kidding?  There hasn't  been snow here since 1992 and that was a freak snow storm that covered the southeast.  It's 72 degrees here  today.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 04:37:17 pm by Bama »

Bama

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 04:35:44 pm »

What's up with the hot water protection?  I thought the hotter the water, (with the exception of boiling water)  the greater potential to grow bacteria?  Is this wrong?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 04:45:33 pm »

I'm about a foot taller than the movie version but I am Italian ... and I'm actually from NY originally too!

2 capfulls may not be enough with the use of 3-4 times a day, you have a big tub. Do you know what that equals to in teaspoons/tablespoons?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 04:45:52 pm by Vinny »

NWHotTubber

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 07:02:13 pm »

Very light blonde, natural or otherwise, it can (and will) turn green.  That's a fact  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 07:02:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42