What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Repost - HS insulation question  (Read 2584 times)

Cgy_Spa

Repost - HS insulation question
« on: October 27, 2006, 06:52:54 pm »
From the HS website:
-------------------------------------------------------------
"WINTERIZING YOUR SPA
Your Hot Spring spa has been designed for year-round use in any climate. Here are some steps you may want to take this time of year to ensure maximum energy efficiency.  

If you live in an area which has freezing temperatures, you should purchase a Winter Blanket which is available at your local Hot Spring spa dealer. This vinyl-covered, fiberglass insulated blanket, which installs inside the equipment compartment door, provides an additional precaution against partial freezing of some of the components and maximizes the spa's energy efficiency"
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.hotspring.com/Hot_Tub_Customers/spa_care.html

Should this not apply then to Caldera and Hot Spot spas?    
Also, HS dealers:  are there warranty issues with a DYI approach, or does one have to buy the insulation from a HS dealer?

Hot Tub Forum

Repost - HS insulation question
« on: October 27, 2006, 06:52:54 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Repost - HS insulation question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 07:06:22 pm »
Not sure how it'd affect the warranty- Just make sure there isn't anything in the service bay when the tech gets there.

Brewman

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 07:23:05 pm »
When I ran my Hot Spring store in a cold climate area, I just used insulation from Home Depot. The silver shiney stuff. I would cut pieces off and they could tape it to their door during the winter. I also would get that black insulation plumbing and have them mount it to their rodent guard. The insulation blanket Waykins wanted me to buy from them was way too expensive for what you got.

Cgy_Spa

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 07:52:36 pm »
Thanks!  I never even thought of the rodent guards.
I had not even thought of this until I noticed it on the HS website.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 08:04:12 am »
Why not use it in the winter? If it doesn't work out, lower the heat to 70 and let it run all winter. Just make sure you go out and continue your sanitizer routine throuought the winter. This to me seems to be the easiest route.

Spaing in the cold is a great experience ... I haven't spa'ed with the snow coming down, I can't wait!

Cgy_Spa

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 11:42:51 am »
Why not use it in the winter? If it doesn't work out, lower the heat to 70 and let it run all winter. Just make sure you go out and continue your sanitizer routine throuought the winter. This to me seems to be the easiest route.

Spaing in the cold is a great experience ... I haven't spa'ed with the snow coming down, I can't wait!

I should say that I never thought about the insulation adding until I saw this, using the spa all year was a given.  Im fact, I've already been in late at night with snow falling, and it was great!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 11:42:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42