What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Drying out  (Read 4407 times)

gturn

Re: Drying out
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 08:19:08 pm »
I'm sorry if I started a fewed.

But it looks like I have it backwards.  We are dumping the water this weekend, and starting fresh.  I promise to take your advice and use 1 tablespoon Dichlor AFTER soaking, and use 4 tablespoons of MPS (Shock) weekly for our 325 gal tub.  We do use N2, and ozone, I guess that helps some.  We have to use our soft water because our well water has so much iron in it.  So we use Calcium Hardness Increaser.  I had the water checked, and the dealer said to use the soft water, but add the Increaser.  

I do use lotion after soaking, but I'm sure that my new regimen of adding chemicals is going to help a lot.  I can't believe I have been soaking in bacteria!!  Not a pleasant thought.  I can't wait to get rid of the old water, and jump into a clean tub for my next soak, using the Dichlor and MPS correctly.

All I can say is THANK YOU all for guiding me in the right direction.  Where would we newbies be if not for the help of people like you.

P.S.  Why is it that the water smells of chlorine, and burns my eyes?  Is it because I was using MPS before soaking?  I was under the impression that if I smelled chlorine the water was clean.  I guess I was really wrong.  Thanks again.

If you use N2 and Ozone you were probably not soaking in Bacteria.  A strong Clorine smell could mean you had a high Combined Clorine count.  The new water will help.  With the N2 and Ozone you can probably get away with less clorine after each use.  Most are using 1 tsp per person soaking after use.  Maybe someone using N2 and Ozone can let you know.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 01:10:08 pm by gturn »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 08:19:08 pm »

anne

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 01:31:49 am »
Most are using 1 tbsp per person soaking after use.  Maybe someone using N2 and Ozone can let you know.

tsp, I think you mean, not TBSP. And that is what I do, at least.
Dance like nobody's watching

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 07:30:38 am »
Vinny, I hear what you're saying and I agree that the type of sanitizer is not as important, but using one effectively is. Bromine works for me. I have no intention of researching different types of sanitizers and do all sorts of scientific analysis. I bought the spa to enjoy, not be a slave to. I also can't see what the big deal is about a floater? Just remove it when you open the cover and toss it back in before you close up. Could it be easier?

The problems that I see with a floater is it getting stuck in one location and start bleaching something out or causing problems with the acylic and putting a dripping floater somewhere and again bleaching something out. I also didn't want something around with chemicals that may be picked up by children, they sometimes play with anything.

I have observed in my pool the filter sucking stuff in and holding it there indefinately. It could be the floating noodles, branches or if there was a floater - that too I'm sure. The thought of having an area of my spa bleached or the acylic affected some how bothers me.

Of course this is only speculation on my part but I like to play it safe. For my above ground pool I use an erosion feeder in my return line to make sure nothing happens to my liner or corrosion to my pump.

For the record, the first spa I looked at had an erosion feeder in the core of the filter and I was going to try bromine, I thought that was the most convienient.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 07:41:54 am »
I'm sorry if I started a fewed.

But it looks like I have it backwards.  We are dumping the water this weekend, and starting fresh.  I promise to take your advice and use 1 tablespoon Dichlor AFTER soaking, and use 4 tablespoons of MPS (Shock) weekly for our 325 gal tub.  We do use N2, and ozone, I guess that helps some.  We have to use our soft water because our well water has so much iron in it.  So we use Calcium Hardness Increaser.  I had the water checked, and the dealer said to use the soft water, but add the Increaser.  

I do use lotion after soaking, but I'm sure that my new regimen of adding chemicals is going to help a lot.  I can't believe I have been soaking in bacteria!!  Not a pleasant thought.  I can't wait to get rid of the old water, and jump into a clean tub for my next soak, using the Dichlor and MPS correctly.

All I can say is THANK YOU all for guiding me in the right direction.  Where would we newbies be if not for the help of people like you.

P.S.  Why is it that the water smells of chlorine, and burns my eyes?  Is it because I was using MPS before soaking?  I was under the impression that if I smelled chlorine the water was clean.  I guess I was really wrong.  Thanks again.

If you use N2 and Ozone you were probably not soaking in Bacteria.  A strong Clorine smell could mean you had a high Combined Clorine count.  The new water will help.  With the N2 and Ozone you can probably get away with less clorine after each use.  Most are using 1 tbsp per person soaking after use.  Maybe someone using N2 and Ozone can let you know.

N2 and Ozone [glow]help[/glow] a sanitizer and are not sanitizers in a tub.

Silver does kill Bacteria - at what concentrations and what is the concentration in your tub? Without knowing this - there are no gaurantees.

Ozone does kill Bacteria too - The same questions apply!

Don't compare a tub's environment to what you read about them in other enviroments.

Based on what people say - N2 and ozone can help. Don't rely on them to provide the protection.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 07:41:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42