What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Overlooked and Underappreciated  (Read 6663 times)

tileman

Overlooked and Underappreciated
« on: October 24, 2006, 01:59:23 am »
 It seems like no one gives the J-480 much recognition. If I was to recommend a full size spa to someone this would be my first choice. I'm not trying to hype Jacuzzi just because I bought one, but because I think the J-480 gives you everything you can possibly want and need (and then some) at a very good price. Plus, IMO they are also the best looking spas on the market. Just wanted to get that out there as I feel it does not get the recognition it deserves.  :)

Tileman

Plus all Jacuzzi's have-
   '' 50/50 air-to-water ratio = jet power. Why is it important to mix air and water in equal parts in a jet stream? It’s all about the way the jets make you feel. Other hot tubs blast water through their jets with uncomfortably strong water pressure. Jacuzzi Premium’s high-volume, low-pressure pumps are designed and built to support the PowerPro™ jet system in delivering a soothing, yet bold, massage. A patented process creates a 50/50 air-to-water mixture that introduces air from all around the jets for a softer feeling, even from jets strong enough to penetrate deep muscle tissue.  
With equal volumes of air and water pressure, the exclusive Jacuzzi Premium PowerPro jet system delivers the type of hydrotherapeutic massage recommended by professionals.''

Other jets

Jacuzzi Power Pro Jets

Aaaaah, How soothing.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 03:19:12 am by tileman »

Hot Tub Forum

Overlooked and Underappreciated
« on: October 24, 2006, 01:59:23 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Overlooked and Underappreciated
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 02:14:59 am »
I have always like the Jacuzzi style...

Nice looking tubs.

I like the waterfalls too.

Tres Cool.

8-)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:16:04 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 10:02:57 am »
Looks nice tileman. Our Sundance/Jacuzzi dealer steered us away from Jacuzzi because he said their jets were not adjustable individually so you can't control their intensity. Is that true? We never wet tested them due to that reason and since they were more expensive than comparable Sundance models.

SpaMorph

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 10:13:53 am »
It seems like no one gives the J-480 much recognition...Just wanted to get that out there as I feel it does not get the recognition it deserves.
Jacuzzi would be more popular if some of their dealers weren't quoting absolutely outrageous prices.  They make a nice spa, but not any nicer than many others that are thousands cheaper.  I wet tested the J-480 and liked it, but didn't love the functionality of the tub.  There were also some things that I really did not like.  For instance, some in this forum commented that it was like "Pimp My Ride."  I would agree that there is just too much "bling" on the spa for my taste.  The lighted "Jacuzzi" logos and such are tacky.

Also, the dealer could not figure out how to get the foot dome working on the J-480 that I tested, which kind of intrigued me.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:14:21 am by SpaMorph »

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 10:18:48 am »
SpaMorph is right. I test soaked one 2 weeks ago. It was at a friend's store who is dropping Jacuzzi. For the price it was not that impressive of a massage. No real variety in jet feels. A lot of bling if you're into that but for the price I think you can get a lot more tub out there for the price.

gturn

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 10:49:26 am »
When I tested the Jacuzzi I wasn't impressed with their jet system, the dealer tried to tell me it was better but it just seemed soft to me and they were preset so you couldn't change the intensity.  I like hard jets with a lot of pressure, maybe I am the only one that likes them that way.  I also didn't like that Bullfrog wouldn't let you control the air.  I want more control instead of some engineer deciding how I should like it.  I also don't like to be told by the dealer that the way they do it is the right way because the experts say so.  I didn't buy my tub to please the experts.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 11:37:56 am »
The deal breaker for me with Jacuzzi was the lack of flat surface for drinks.  Not having flat surfaces is beneficial for keeping any water from possibly puddling but, to me, this didn't trump the lack of drink cup area.  Otherwise, Jacuzzi produces a very competitive product.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 11:49:49 am »
Hence the reason why ALL of us could post one spa we feel the same about. One spa is not for everyone and is the reason why there's a few manufacturers around these days!  ;)

I like the Jacuzzi molds but personally, I have hard time justifying the price tag on them. I find the therapy mediocre and lacks variety myself but that's not to say that owners of this spa won't enjoy it.

Steve

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 02:09:05 pm »
Looks nice tileman. Our Sundance/Jacuzzi dealer steered us away from Jacuzzi because he said their jets were not adjustable individually so you can't control their intensity. Is that true? We never wet tested them due to that reason and since they were more expensive than comparable Sundance models.

That's odd, I got the J-220 (ok ok no comparison really) and the jets do adjust, plus the diverter allows you to send more power to two seats while lowering the pressure on the other two.

But generally we're into the quiet soak anyhow, so the number/variety/power of jets was not a huge factor for us.

I do find that the foot jets tickle more than they massage, the flow is too concentrated to be comfortable for long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 03:54:55 pm »
The deal breaker for me with Jacuzzi was the lack of flat surface for drinks.  Not having flat surfaces is beneficial for keeping any water from possibly puddling but, to me, this didn't trump the lack of drink cup area.
So buy crooked glasses.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 04:13:25 pm »
that is a great looking tub, I considered jacuzzi however, the local dealer was a jerk and a bad sales guy.  Just lost me as a customer when I was looking.

tileman

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 04:34:31 pm »
I didn't know that this site also goes by the name hateonjacuzzi.com. ;D
I don't know what Jacuzzi spas you guys were in but they must have been the Home Depot ones from way back, that only had the Jacuzzi name and nothing else. YOU CAN ADJUST ALL THE JETS IN EVERY MODEL. I will put my 350Z'S TITLE on Jacuzzis Powerpro MX series jets against any other in the industry. As far as calling Jacuzzi a ''bling'' tub, I think your confusing them with Cal-Spas. 3 LED lights and 2 waterfalls equals bling. I think not.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 05:40:39 pm »
I work on them and Jacuzzi can go bankrupt for all I care. The products are so so but the company is the worse part. Just my experience.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

George

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 06:29:35 pm »
I didn't know that this site also goes by the name hateonjacuzzi.com. ;D
I don't know what Jacuzzi spas you guys were in but they must have been the Home Depot ones from way back, that only had the Jacuzzi name and nothing else. YOU CAN ADJUST ALL THE JETS IN EVERY MODEL. I will put my 350Z'S TITLE on Jacuzzis Powerpro MX series jets against any other in the industry. As far as calling Jacuzzi a ''bling'' tub, I think your confusing them with Cal-Spas. 3 LED lights and 2 waterfalls equals bling. I think not.

When I tried the Jacuzzi the jets didn't feel very strong to me, they felt soft and smooth.  The Jacuzzi dealer sold other brands in his store and steered me to his other brand when I mentioned the jets didn't seem very strong, he said he sells Jacuzzi to people who want the name brand and soft bubbly jets.  He claims the softer touch comes with the way they mix the air and that some people like that soft touch better.  I didn't, but some folks like a bubble bath with little soft bubbles.  That is why there are so many brands out there, different people like different things.  I will admit that this tub is great looking and has the prestige of the name Jacuzzi.  I wanted a deep messaging tub so I skipped the soft bubble bath types.

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 06:31:01 pm »
When I tested the Jacuzzi I wasn't impressed with their jet system, the dealer tried to tell me it was better but it just seemed soft to me and they were preset so you couldn't change the intensity.  I like hard jets with a lot of pressure, maybe I am the only one that likes them that way.  I also didn't like that Bullfrog wouldn't let you control the air.  I want more control instead of some engineer deciding how I should like it.  I also don't like to be told by the dealer that the way they do it is the right way because the experts say so.  I didn't buy my tub to please the experts.

That's interesting...  I wet tested several tubs and found the jacuzzi's jets very therapeutic and to be just as strong as the others.  In fact I was soo impressed I bought the company! ::)  Just kidin' but I did by the tub! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 06:31:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42