What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new tub heating problems  (Read 3873 times)

corbster

new tub heating problems
« on: October 11, 2006, 11:37:17 am »
We have a new 2 us tub, not sure of the brand, but now that it is set up and wired it will not heat up.  the control panel flashes dr and we do not know what that means. we have checked that the 220 wiring is done correctly and both pumps work but the heat won't go above 57 degrees. can any one help us?  :-[[td][/td]

Hot Tub Forum

new tub heating problems
« on: October 11, 2006, 11:37:17 am »

Repeat_Offender

Re: new tub heating problems
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 12:04:47 pm »
On my display the "dr" code stands for inadequate water level at heater. Sounds like it might be airbound. If the tub is filled try running the pumps to purge the air out.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 12:06:13 pm by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 01:15:57 pm »
On my display the "dr" code stands for inadequate water level at heater. Sounds like it might be airbound. If the tub is filled try running the pumps to purge the air out.

try inserting the garden hose down the hole where the filter screws in, it should push the air out without damaging the seal on the motor by running it dry

Good luck, let us know if it works
Bullfrog 451

johnnieg

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 07:54:20 pm »
dr-usually means no water flow in your heater,the spa should shut down.. look for a defective heater  hey if its new just call your dealer he should fix it upin a flash  good luck

tileman

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 08:29:14 pm »
How can you have a new tub and not know the manufacturer? Where did you buy it from?    
 Tileman

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 08:31:06 pm »
If you just ran water into the tub, I would for sure try purging the air out of the lines before I went any further.  Our tub we have to wrap a towel around the end of the hose and push the hose down the tube the filter fits over, using the towel to force as much water down the tube EVERY time we drain and refill the tub.

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 08:37:15 pm »
How can you have a new tub and not know the manufacturer? Where did you buy it from?    
 Tileman

He said it was a "new to us" tub, so I'm guessing it's "pre-owned" as they say in the "used" car business  ;D
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

tileman

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 08:43:58 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up spiderman. I still wouldn't buy a spa w/o knowing the manufacturer though. Just my personal opinion.
Tileman

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 09:58:04 pm »
probably an air lock

George

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 12:52:06 pm »
We have a new 2 us tub, not sure of the brand, but now that it is set up and wired it will not heat up.  the control panel flashes dr and we do not know what that means. we have checked that the 220 wiring is done correctly and both pumps work but the heat won't go above 57 degrees. can any one help us?  :-[[td][/td]

You probably have air in the plumbing, if you can't clear it with a garden hose, try loosening one of the unions by the heater and letting some water out that way to fill the pipes.

mjb

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 03:44:43 pm »
please make sure you turn off the power at
the breaker or the disconnect before doing
the aforementioned procedures

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 01:10:18 am »
Posted by: mjb
please make sure you turn off the power at
the breaker or the disconnect before doing
the aforementioned procedures  

And never stick a knife in a toaster.  (Use a fork instead :P)

Here's a thought, Corbster:  Why not call the person from whom you bought the tub and ask what brand it is and whether they've ever had the same problem? Hmmm? :-?  I'd be callin' for satisfaction pretty quick if I bought a used tub that didn't work!

Good luck.
...because integrity's the key

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 04:06:22 pm »
If this spa has slice or gate valves by the heater one may have closed. In most cases dr or dry means no water flow or low water flow over the heater.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 04:06:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42