What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Air injecters  (Read 2635 times)

tileman

Air injecters
« on: October 22, 2006, 12:31:34 am »
I'm not sure but I think Jacuzzi has the only spas with an individual push button air injection for each seat. It is a great feature that allows you to push a button to get either a full water massage or a 50/50 ratio of air to water. This is nice for those times where you just want a gentle massage without diverting the power or dialing all your jets down. It also lets you have a different type of massage. Just a little FYI. :)  Tileman

Hot Tub Forum

Air injecters
« on: October 22, 2006, 12:31:34 am »

autoplay

Re: Air injecters
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 02:45:39 am »
My Caldera does the same thing :)  It uses mechanical turn knobs,and uses the venturi principle...found in carbs etc.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 09:34:07 am »
Artesian has them too, but they're knobs vs push buttons. On the Island line almost every seat has an individual control ... there are 2 sets of seats that share them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 09:46:37 am by Vinny »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 11:11:07 am »
Tile, you should be sure.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

tileman

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 11:56:09 am »
What do you mean?

gturn

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 01:27:10 pm »
I'm not sure but I think Jacuzzi has the only spas with an individual push button air injection for each seat. It is a great feature that allows you to push a button to get either a full water massage or a 50/50 ratio of air to water. This is nice for those times where you just want a gentle massage without diverting the power or dialing all your jets down. It also lets you have a different type of massage. Just a little FYI. :)  Tileman
Almost all brands have some type of air control.  Most have venturi valves to regulate the amount of air water mix.  Some tubs have a turbo air feature that adds additional air to the jets through an air pump.  Many tubs have air jets with an air pump.  Jacuzzi does claim to have a unique type of air injection that is softer but I wouldn't say they are the only one with air controls, that is not correct.  The only tub I have seen without control of the air mix is Bullfrog, some of their models the air is always on and you have no control over it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:29:15 pm by gturn »

tileman

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 01:36:29 pm »
I didn't mean to imply that they were the only ones wih air injectors, just the only ones who use a push button control for them at each individual seat. :)  Tileman
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:41:35 pm by tileman »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 05:33:34 pm »
Sundance does the sam thing with knobs, that allow us to vary the amount of air being introduced to each jet group.  
Brewman

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 09:09:02 am »
MasterSpas uses a control knob....like others that use a control knob, turn it a little, add a little air, turn it full on, add bunches of air.  I've got 5 of those air controllers on my LSX....works great.  I rarely soak without the knobs full on, though.  Also, I shut them down after soaking to prevent air during the clean cycles.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

lskarp

• There is no patch for stupid
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 09:50:28 am »
Vita uses knobs as well.  You can vary from no air, to lots of air and anywhere in between on a per seat basis.  The smelly stuff even somes through the air if you put the cartridge in.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 10:16:17 am »
Yes my Caldera has four air valves...mentioned earlier in this post.  Also I have an air button when I want to add a whirlpool affect.

I noticed somewhere that upon exiting the tub you should turn the air valves down or off.  What is the reason for this?  Does it help the tub to retain heat when not in use?

Marc
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 10:16:47 am by gores95 »

George

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 11:31:05 am »
Yes my Caldera has four air valves...mentioned earlier in this post.  Also I have an air button when I want to add a whirlpool affect.

I noticed somewhere that upon exiting the tub you should turn the air valves down or off.  What is the reason for this?  Does it help the tub to retain heat when not in use?

Marc

Just to save energy, the air cools the water faster.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 12:30:57 pm »

Marc

Just to save energy, the air cools the water faster.

Yup, that's what I tell people and just for that very reason. Why add air to the spa while it's filtering since it cools the spa down (maybe not to a large degree but why be wasteful to any extent).

If you have a circ pump spa it's not an issue really as it's all about having the main pumps on for filtering when you're not in the spa (though some circ pump spas have the main pumps cycle a short time during the day as well so keep that in mind).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 12:33:44 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tileman

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 04:24:44 pm »
Thanks for the FYI on closing the air valves. :)

Tileman

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 11:58:38 pm »
guess my little 315 marquis doesnt use air?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 11:58:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42