What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbe question about finding dealers.  (Read 3413 times)

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
Newbe question about finding dealers.
« on: October 23, 2006, 07:11:38 am »
     Hello everyone! I am a newbe here and just want to say HI. I do have a question though. I am in the process of doing my research on what tub I want to get. It is down to about 5 that I want to wet test. My question is, how can you find a different dealer? When I go to a website, it only gives you the closest one and the one I get for Jacuzzi I do not want to deal with. A lot of people told me to stay away from them(bad service or no service at all).

I just put a pool and deck in this summer and will be adding the tub next spring. Will show some pics once I learn how to do it.

Hot Tub Forum

Newbe question about finding dealers.
« on: October 23, 2006, 07:11:38 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Newbe question about finding dealers.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:52:15 am »
Try searching on the web but don't use Jacuzzi's dealer locator.  Or use their dealer locator and try zip codes for other places you'd be willing to travel to.
 But know that some dealers that are outside of your "territory" may not sell to you, may charge extra for service calls, or may refuse to service your spa, may charge extra for delivery, etc...
 Just be upfront with whatever dealer you do business with, and don't be surprised if you are referred back to the dealer who is assigned to sell/service in your area.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 07:53:12 am by Brewman »
Brewman

tileman

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:53:56 am »
Where are you located?

Tileman

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:00:46 am »
I am in the Poconos PA

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 08:22:55 am »
I am in NW NJ and I ended up buying my Caldera from a dealer in Eastern PA, by Easton.  My local dealer while seemingly reputable was unwilling to negotiate and I ended up buying my Geneva for almost $2000 less.  I also did not pay sales tax because I had the spa delivered to NJ and bought in PA!  Just look up different zip codes and see what comes up.  If you are willing to travel to NW NJ I know Rockaway (07866) has a Jacuzzi dealer on Route 46 about 30 minutes from the DE Water Gap.  Ask about the sales tax as well.

Good luck!

Marc
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 08:24:14 am by gores95 »

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 09:16:29 am »
I went to a Caldera dealer in Easton also to look at the Aspire. I was impressed with it. I will check out that dealer in Rockaway. I will be down that way to see a D1 dealer.

Thanks

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 09:19:17 am »
Yup, on the dealer locator put in multiple zip codes. I did a huge radius, and contacted/visited each dealer I found. I ended up buying 2 hours away(different state) and saved thousands than if I went with my local dealer(s).
I don't think it's important to have a local dealer near you. As long as they sell to you, they should service it within the warranty period.

Shop around. What I found is the further away from the city you go, the better the prices become..

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 12:28:41 pm »
I don't think it's important to have a local dealer near you. As long as they sell to you, they should service it within the warranty period.

Not surprisingly I disagree with your first statement. I think it all depends on the difference in the deal so if you're saying for YOUR deal it's not important then that's one thing but in general I think it is definitely important.

Anyway, I'm curious as to whether you discussed (and got in writing) whether that particular dealer you bought from 2 hrs away will charge you a trip fee if/when they come out to do any warranty work (I assume you understand that can be common, especially for longer distances)? Granted, for  $2000 less you could justify the trip charges anyway, I'm just curious as to whether you discussed this up front.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 01:10:17 pm »
Yes it was discussed. We agreed(in writing) on a $40 travel fee for any on site service needed within the 5 years warrenty period.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 01:25:20 pm »
Yes it was discussed. We agreed(in writing) on a $40 travel fee for any on site service needed within the 5 years warrenty period.

Well done.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 02:54:00 pm »
I am in the Poconos PA

I honeymooned there 26 years ago. The place doesn't exist anymore.  It was right off Exit 48 East Stroudsburg. (I know they renumbered the exits some years ago.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 03:06:05 pm »
I am in the Poconos PA

I honeymooned there 26 years ago. The place doesn't exist anymore.  It was right off Exit 48 East Stroudsburg. (I know they renumbered the exits some years ago.

That is my neck of the woods. I am off old exit 52(I think) it is exit 309 now. They re-numbered them about 7 years ago

tileman

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 04:16:40 pm »
I see that you are a golfer H823Putt, what's your handicap? BTW, good luck with your wet testing :), and if you need help posting pics I can assist you as I just learned how myself.

Tileman
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:20:19 pm by tileman »

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 04:34:10 pm »
I see that you are a golfer H823Putt, what's your handicap? BTW, good luck with your wet testing :), and if you need help posting pics I can assist you as I just learned how myself.

Tileman

Tileman,

My handicap is a 9.6, it use to be an 8.2 at the beginng of the summer but due to lack of playing time it has gone up. (see my other post "Cant wait 6 weeks!!!! ") as the reason why.
Thanks for offering your help on how to post pic's but I got that figured out.

Vanguard

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 09:06:18 pm »

I also did not pay sales tax because I had the spa delivered to NJ and bought in PA!  Just look up different zip codes and see what comes up.    Ask about the sales tax as well.

Good luck!

Marc

You do realize you are still supposed to pay sales tax - just to New Jersey.  Hope you don't get audited.  If they find that large of a purchase on your books, they will not only charge you the back tax, but penalties and interest.  I know a lot of people do this.  Still doesn't make it right.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 09:06:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42