What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hey I found out something new tonight ...  (Read 4593 times)

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
Re: Hey I found out something new tonight ...
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 04:34:34 pm »
My 7 year old tub can do that 2 pumps heater and a blower.
Guess I got lucky> :D ;D :D ;D :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 04:34:34 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 11:38:34 am »
I know some HotSpring models have larger pumps - so they switched to a 4000 watt heater to allow all systems to run at the same time as needed and still only require a 50A service.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 05:07:39 pm »
It's an amperage issue, not a voltage issue. Theoreticaly, you could have a 220v 15a hot tub. this spa will not run a single 220v 2 speed motor on high speed with the heater onsince there is not enough amperage to operate both. Jacuzzis 2 speed motor draws 11 amps on high speed, most circuit breakers will trip when load exceedes 85% of the rated amperage, so the heater would become disabled to allow for jete function in this hypothetical spa.

In order for some Sundance models to allow the heater to come on when all pumps are running full tilt, the owner must have a jumper set on the control board, which requires a 60 amp GFI.  When set to 50 amps, the heater on these spas won't come on if both pumps are running full speed.  
 Don't know if this is unique to just Sundance, though.

HUh. I thought all 220 tubs could run the heater, and all the pumps full bore without an issue or upgrade/mod.
I know on my 220 Caspian, it's not a problem (that's why I made sure I had a 220 tub).  I can feel the heated water flowing into the tub via the floor drain.  

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 05:19:01 pm »
Well, this begs the question...How many horse power did they TELL you the spa was running? Since electric motor horse power is calculated, ((amp x volts = watts) x .57) / 746 = hp. This true and factual mathematical calculation should blow a big fat hole in all those claims of 5 hp motors!

You're running at 60 Amps though, mine is running at 50 Amps.

I guess I should have said it has to do with pumps and Amps.

The 2004 Piper can run with 4 pump running and heater going ... in 2004 all their spas ran on 50 amps, maybe it's different today.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 05:19:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42