What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa delivery TODAY!!  Couple of quick questions...  (Read 9904 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Spa delivery TODAY!!  Couple of quick questions...
« on: October 17, 2006, 09:43:41 am »
Hey after many months of searching, shopping and agonizing our Geneva is being delivered today!!  ;D

Of course there is rain predicted in the NE and the tub is being delivered about 3:00.  Do spa companies typically deliver in rain?  How long approximately does it take for setup from start to finish?  Electrical is obviously run and the spa will be installed in a relatively easy and accessible spot.

Also do you tend to tip the guys who install the spa?  I know the owner will be one of the crew so not sure if I should also tip him or just his crew?

Thanks and let me know if there are any other tips/suggestions I should be looking out for.  BTW we will be using Dichlor to start and I will also be picking up some MPS in the next couple of days.

Hopefully all goes well and we will have a nice soak before bed tonight!!!  ;)

Regards,

Marc
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:45:13 am by gores95 »

Hot Tub Forum

Spa delivery TODAY!!  Couple of quick questions...
« on: October 17, 2006, 09:43:41 am »

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Spa delivery TODAY!!  Couple of quick question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 09:45:53 am »
Our spa delivery had to be rescheduled because of rain.  They said the spa could get slippery and harder to grab onto.  

Oops!  Tipping!  Didn't even think of it.  Oh dear!  Should we have tipped?  Oh goodness!  We were so caught up in the excitement of the tub that we never even gave it a thought.  I hope I didn't make a big faux pas.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Spa delivery TODAY!!  Couple of quick que
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 09:52:05 am »
I didn't tip my delivery guys. But then again, they did $5000 worth of damage to my driveway.

Once the tub is in place, the electrical needs to be connected.  The the fill up (Figure about an hour), and then heating the water. Most folks say report thier tubs raise about 4-5 degrees an hour or so.  I'd think if the truck arrived at 3:00, it's a straight forward install/postiion, and the electrical was a snap, you'd be adding water around 5:00 or so, and a 400 gallon tub with  60 degree water off the tap....you'd be hitting 90 temps around 4:00 a.m. But's that's more of a WAG than fact.

I'd say,  if everything goes well, then plan on having your first soak with a cup of coffee and tomorrow morning's paper.  ;)

Also, will they be installing the cover lifter? Ozone was optional on my tub and the dealer came out the following week to install the O3 (however, you can use the tub without the lifter, or O3).  But do make sure you have some sanitizer before using the tub.  Your dealer propbably could give you a better guesstimate on completion.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:56:15 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 10:02:58 am »
A Covermate III lifter will be installed.  03 is standard and I already have the steps.  So the only issue is bringing in the spa, hooking up the electric, then filling/chems.  My dealer is 45 miles away and I know he has two pool closings before my install.  

I have a sneaking suspicion that he is going to postpone delivery...

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 10:33:06 am »
I tipped my delivery/setup guys $50. They worked hard and it was 90 degrees that day. The tub fills in less than an hour and mine heated up at approx. 10deg per hour so i was in it that night.
Bullfrog 562

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 11:01:42 am »
Tip?  Ooops I didn't think of that either.  :-?

Our spa (485 gals) took under an hour to fill.  It heated almost 6 deg/hr.  Started heating approx 6pm .. Starting temp was 64... Reached 100 degrees a little after midnight and we had maiden soak shortly thereafter. ;)

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Re: Spa delivery TODAY!!  Couple of quick que
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 12:07:37 pm »
Congratulations on the new spa.

I wasn't sure about tipping and never thought about it until I read about it on this forum.  I asked my salesman before delivery if tipping was expected or customary.  He told me no that the guys delivering the spa were employees and they did not expect any tips.

When in doubt, just ask.

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 12:24:45 pm »
I did not tip either.  Delivery and set-up was included, and I figured it was their job.

It's really not the same thing as a hair cut or a meal out.

If it was a Friday night and I was their last delivery, I would break out the beer for all of us while it filled.... :)
2005 HS Vanguard

SugarBear

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 12:26:54 pm »
Congrats on the new tub.  I would not plan on "dipping" into the tub until sometime tomorrow.  The Northeast is getting the weather that they had in St. Louis yesterday.  As for tipping, the hired help, as long as everything that is supposed to be done, is done, then yes.  The owner already got his tip.  Happy tubbing!

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 04:13:49 pm »
Update....just received a call from the shop and they are stuck in traffic not far from my house.  Should be here within an hour.  Amazing that they are still coming and I will definitely give them a little something.  Braving the cold and rain deserves a little green, no?   ;)

RobRoy

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 05:23:58 pm »
YES it does, they work hard and you will probaly have a lot of questions for them. You just spent a lot of money, what does a few more dollars gonna hurt.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 05:34:56 pm »
5:35 pm update.....they are here and struggling in the rain.  Getting dark and cold too.

These guys are NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 06:14:37 pm »
6:15 update.......spa a REALLY tight fit in its space.  They blew up some balloon type of thing and are trying to fit it in.  These guys are working HARD.

I will get some pics up tonight after (if) they manage to get it set up.

Marc

tileman

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 06:19:40 pm »
Congrats!!!!! Genevas are really nice. All your shopping seem to really pay off. :) As far as tiping goes, I always do in someway. Whether it be $$$$, food, drinks or anything else that shows you really apreciate a good hard worker. Working a manual labor job myself, I can really say its nice to know that a homeowner thinks more of you than just a grunt. It's those yuppie ones that never get their hands dirty who snub you not only with tips but with a condescending demeaner that really pisses me off! >:( Hope all goes well, so you can enjoy spatopia tonight. 8-)  Tileman

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 06:23:41 pm »
I wouldn't tip, unless of course they brought a pizza with them.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 06:23:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42