What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spot by Hot Spring...anyone own one?  (Read 2108 times)

snackcakegirl

Hot Spot by Hot Spring...anyone own one?
« on: October 18, 2006, 10:07:33 am »
Hi there,

My husband and I own a cabin and we want to buy a hot tub.  We are there 2 times a month so we don't want to spend a ton of money, but we are looking for something reliable that makes warm, bubbly water.  I went to the local Hot Spring dealership knowing full well they were out of our price range but low and behold, they have an economy line called Hot Spot.  They are made by Hot Spring which I have read mostly good things about.  The tub I am looking at is the Trinidad, seats 5, 2 bench seats seating 2 people each and one lounger, 19 jets.  It appears to be just what we need but I am wet testing it this weekend to make sure it is comfy and I don't float away.  

Anyone know anything about the Hot Spot line?  I can't find reviews anywhere on line.  The tub is $3995, with cover lifter, crane delivery, electrical work, deck support bracing,  3 months chemicals, steps and cover...total with tax is $5600.  I didn't want to get a Home Depot spa so I thought this was my next best move.

Thoughts, comments?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spot by Hot Spring...anyone own one?
« on: October 18, 2006, 10:07:33 am »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: Hot Spot by Hot Spring...anyone own one?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 11:48:47 am »
The Trinidad has the most comfortable lounge I have ever sat in, bar-none.  It's a great tub and for the additional crane delivery and bracing that's a great price.

Cgy_Spa

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 12:08:50 pm »
If the "which spa do you own" thread is accurate, then I am the lone Hot Spot owner on here.  I have had a Sorrento for the past month, and LOVE it.  ;D

Sure, the price was nice, but the decision came down to spa comfort, and dealer trust. (final choice was between the Sorrento and an Arctic Fox; $1000 difference for us)

Part of the price difference is of course the lack of bells and whistles (fancy lighting, water features, etc) and of course less jets, and the "conventional" filtering compared to the HS line.  Build quality and operation of our spa however is first rate.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 03:27:52 pm »
We have sold dozens of Hot Spots.  Very reliable brand.  Our most popular model is the Sorrento.  You should be comfortable with it.  

When you say you went to the local dealer, is that the dealer closest to the cabin or your home, or is it the same dealer?  Whoever sells it is responsible for your warranty.  Typically not an issue with a Trinidad.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

snackcakegirl

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 03:40:16 pm »
The dealer is closest to our cabin (10 minutes).  They seem like really nice folks, a husband and wife team.  Apparently the Hot Spot is insulated the same way the Hot Spring is...just an Economy version.  Definitely no bells/whistles...but I don't need them.  I just want to relax while looking at the mountains :)

I am really excited for the wet test now that I have gotten positive feedback.  I was looking at the Sorrento but it didn't have the lounger and it was too big for the deck we had built for the tub.  The Trinidad is the perfect size.

Thanks to all for your feedback!  I really do appreciate it.  I hope to buy it this weekend if the wet test goes well and I think they can install it the following weekend.  I am very excited!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 03:40:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42