What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First spa shopping visit today  (Read 3861 times)

jeremy

First spa shopping visit today
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:31:19 pm »
  Went to the local Artic dealership today.  Aside from the 10 foot long banner there wasn't a single Artic product in the store.

They had about 8 Dynasty spas on display, only 1 with water.  They look like a decent spa and their LED lighting is pretty neat, but they didn't have the arm rests I'm really looking for.  Salesman was friendly, knowledgeable nut not pushy and even pointed us to a Sundance dealership nearby to comparison shop (but it was closed for the day).  He said he could order an Artic from a partner in Lexington, KY.  He did dig out an Artic sales brochure from behind the counter and gave it to me.

I won't buy without a wet test, but when the second nearest dealer is 3 hours away I'm not too sure what my options are.  Any ideas on the best way to handle the situation?

Thanks,
jeremy

Hot Tub Forum

First spa shopping visit today
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:31:19 pm »

SpaMorph

Re: First spa shopping visit today
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 11:42:54 pm »
Forget about Arctic, unless you want to order one sight unseen.  I don't think Arctic's dealer network is very good.  Not many around.

Go check out Artesian, Hot Spring, Sundance, and Jacuzzi.  

tileman

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:05:40 am »
I would take that visit as a learning experience and just that. No way would I recommend going back there. That dealer is all out of wack. :-? What size are you looking for and what features are important to you? Is there a price range and where are you located? Sorry for all the Q's, just trying to help. :)

anne

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 04:04:28 am »
How are they an "Arctic dealer" if they dont have any Arctic tubs? I'd avoid that situation, too. I bought an Arctic from someone who just a couple months later (after reassuring me that he was really happy with Arctic, and planned to be with the company a long time) was selling Phoenix spas for the "better price point." I have gotten *great* customer service on line, on the phone, and even from a not very local dealer (who has been with Arctic for many many years), but I really think that "corporate" needs to have a bit more quality control and training of dealers before setting them loose to represent the company.

I'm sad that you could not wet test one!
Dance like nobody's watching

jeremy

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 08:58:42 am »
  I guess I called them an Artic dealer because Artic's website lists them as the only dealer around Dayton, OH.  I'm with you, Anne.  It sounds like Artic needs some kind of monitoring for their dealers.  Instead, thier name is basically being used to advertise other spas.

The primary reason I was looking at Artic Klondiker is the arm rest configuration.  See this thread for more details.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1160450864/0#0

I really would like a tub with 2 lounges and enough seating for 5 or 6, LED lighting, good thigh, calf, foot, and lower back massage capabilities.  I'm not terribly concerned about price, when I find the right tub I'll negotiate the best price I can then be happy with what I got.  ;D

SugarBear

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 10:03:34 am »
Jeremy, I think you are on the right track.  Keep searching and wet testing.  I also own a Arctic, Tundra Legend SE, and have a long distance relationship with a great dealer that I found...about 2 hours away.  We love the tub, but do not buy sight unseen.  I sat in several Arctic tubs that I did not like, but then sat in the Tundra and fell in love.  I also thought that I wanted a lounger until I sat in the Tundra, and now am glad I didn't get the lounger.  The relationship with the dealer is worth more than anything...even if it is several hours away.  Keep looking!

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 11:07:20 am »
Anne-

I'm glad my company has made you a satifsied Arctic customer!

wesj53

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 11:38:17 am »
At the risk of Arctic owners hijecking a thread, let me suggest the dealer you contected doesn't seem to do a good job with any brand; therefore I would avoid. I bought my Tundra from a company owned store here in suburban Chicago which means they will never go out of business unless Arctic goes byebye.

The Klondiker was our second choice as well in the brand especially when my wife and I are a foot difference in height. The shorter lounger (for 5'6" and under) was perfect for her. Based on your desires, I think the Klondiker fits you to the "T" so I would make the drive and wet test it. There aren't very many double loungers so the choices are slim. As backups, I would suggest the D1 Dipomat which has less jets but would fit your needs. Coleman has 2 models, the 472 and the 482 with configurations you may also find interesting. Good luck and happy soaking!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 11:43:13 am »
I tend to argree to keep looking at other manufactuers. It's too bad the dealer doens't carry Artic, but there are many many other tubs out there that you will be just as happy (and I'd argue even happier) with. If there's no local support, dealer,expert,wet test  then they'd be pretty much off my list. Keep looking.
07 Caldera Geneva

anne

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 02:20:30 pm »

The primary reason I was looking at Artic Klondiker is the arm rest configuration.  See this thread for more details.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1160450864/0#0

Jeremy-
I did not make the connection that you had posted previously! Obviously I should have. I'm the one who posted the photos of the arm rests in my tub. Now I'm doubly sorry that you could not wet test....... :( I really cannot say how good of an idea it is to shop 3 hrs away, but at the same time, it would probably be worth the wet test so that you at least know what is out there. Maybe the two dealers could arrange something so that you could wet test at the distant one, then if you wanted to buy, order it locally for more manageable delivery and service. Good luck!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 02:55:20 pm »
You may also want to check out the Coleman (MAAX) 705, it has two loungers calf, foot, neck, back, hip, shoulder, and carpel tunnel wrist therapy. I have the Coleman 706 which is the single lounger version. Both have 3 2.5 hp 2-speed pumps and great therapy options.

Good luck and let us know how the hunt goes

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 03:10:49 pm »
 Went to the local Artic dealership today.

No you didn't.  Not from the sound of your post.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 03:11:01 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wesj53

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 04:33:41 pm »
Thank you spahappy. I forgot about the 705. That model is probably the best of the Colemans for jeremy. It has foot, calf, and thigh jets in the lounges and armrests in a corner seat with hand and forearm jets to boot. It also has hip jets in the corner and one of the lounges. If you can't handle  the price of the Klondiker Legend, the Coleman would probably be best.

Veeper

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 12:52:08 pm »
Check out Emerald spas at the dealer in Vandalia. Emerald's 700 Series spas have 2 loungers as well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 12:52:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42