What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How long after buying til your tub arrived?  (Read 4409 times)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
How long after buying til your tub arrived?
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:26:40 am »
Subject says it all -- how many days/weeks after buying your tub did it arrive at your house?  Particularly interested in replies from Sundance owners.  I'm curious because I'm going on six weeks and it's getting to the point where it "just feels like it's taking too long".

Oh, buyers of floor models need not reply... :D
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

How long after buying til your tub arrived?
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:26:40 am »

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: How long after buying til your tub arrived?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:31:29 am »
I didn't have to wait, as I took it home with me that day..

;D

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:38:06 am »
That can vary widely.  There are a number of things that go into delays.

1.  How long did it take your dealer to order the spa?
2.  What is the manufacturer's lead time.  Some have been as much as 8-12 weeks this year.
3.  Is the particular color shell you ordered a high demand shell color?  Some colors are in higher demand, so the shell manufacturer's lead times may be slower.
4.  This is a minor reason, but can play into a few days.  Where do you live vs. where the manufacturer is located?  If you live in NY, the shipping time is longer than if you live in So Cal where Sundance is located.

You are buying a Sundance, #2 should not apply to you, however, #3 may.  Not knowing your dealer, number one may be the primary reason.  

Contact your dealer to find out what the delay is.  He should be upfront with you and tell you the reasons and give you a reasonable estimate on your spa's arrival.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

watzup

• sipping suds
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 10:41:18 am »
Vita spa, factory in Miami.  3.5 weeks to deliver in Orlando.   :)

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 11:22:18 am »
6 weeks

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 11:42:06 am »
My Sundance purchase was 3 1/2 years ago.  The configuration we ordered for our Optima was fairly common, and the dealer had dozens of that spa in stock.  So I was actually the hold up- I wanted to wait until a specific date to take delivery, which was about 6 weeks out.  Had I wanted, I could have had it withing 2 weeks, possibly less.
 That dealer isn't doing spas anymore, and a new one just opened my area- I have no idea what their turn around time is.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:42:38 am by Brewman »
Brewman

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 12:18:42 pm »
It was 10 days for us - would have been 1 week but there was a mixup on the delivery schedule, and then when they did bring it there weren't enough guys to get it to the site, so it sat in the driveway overnight.

It might have taken longer, but we went with our second choice of shell because they would have had to order our first choice.

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 12:33:04 pm »
We got a Sundance in June of this year.

Took 4 weeks.  The shell I wanted wasn't in stock but they had one with the shell I wanted but not the cabinet color that was scheduled for delivery.  If I wanted to hold out for the cabinet I wanted, would have been 6 weeks.  I opted to "compromise" on the cabinet color to get it in 4 weeks, rather than 6.
'06 Majesta

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 01:04:19 pm »
We ordered our Optima on Labor day 9/4.. were told to expect delivery in 2-2.5 weeks.  Upon calling our dealer at end of 3rd week he said he had just checked the website (evidently they can track their order status online) and found out that it was "scheduled to be on the truck" on 9/25.  So at end of wk 3 it had not left factory.  Needless to say I was kind of ticked... but decided not to stress out b/c obviously there was nothing i could do.   It was finally delieverd to us on Thursday 10/5 ... so it took 4.5 weeks.

Once the electrical was hooked up - it took about 45 mins to fill and 6 hrs to heat.  Temp increased 6 degrees/hr (actually 5.77).  Water at 6pm was at 64.. was 101 by 12:30.  

Note: we reminded the dealer we needed 60amp install.. and  I reminded the installer at delivery.  He said the spa he'd delivered earlier that day was already set for 60amps and he'd called the factory & found out they now come set for 60.  Apparently he did not bother to open up ours to check because when it was snowing the other nite i noticed the tub was dropping temp (we had both jet pumps on for a while).  My husband suggested looking at the heater icon... and sure enough .... the icon was NOT lit... But.. when I turned off either of the two pumps the heater icon did come on.   My husband was infuriated.  I decided (again) not to stress... and we're just using one pump at a time until they fix it.   Geesh.. you would think these guys that install them for a living could get it right... :(

FWIW we ordered gray cabinet with white/silver marble type shell.  No ozone, no stereo.  We are in upstate NY.    

Jack_L

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 01:38:22 pm »
My HotSprings Vanguard was ordered in Feb 2006 and delivered 3 weeks from order date. They told us that in the 3 week wait time we had the option to cancel at any time if we felt we found a better deal, all money returned...but that didn't happen. It was delivered on time and installed w/o any problems, and we were soaking that night.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 01:48:25 pm »
We ordered our Optima on Labor day 9/4.. were told to expect delivery in 2-2.5 weeks.  Upon calling our dealer at end of 3rd week he said he had just checked the website (evidently they can track their order status online) and found out that it was "scheduled to be on the truck" on 9/25.  So at end of wk 3 it had not left factory.  Needless to say I was kind of ticked... but decided not to stress out b/c obviously there was nothing i could do.   It was finally delieverd to us on Thursday 10/5 ... so it took 4.5 weeks.

Once the electrical was hooked up - it took about 45 mins to fill and 6 hrs to heat.  Temp increased 6 degrees/hr (actually 5.77).  Water at 6pm was at 64.. was 101 by 12:30.  

Note: we reminded the dealer we needed 60amp install.. and  I reminded the installer at delivery.  He said the spa he'd delivered earlier that day was already set for 60amps and he'd called the factory & found out they now come set for 60.  Apparently he did not bother to open up ours to check because when it was snowing the other nite i noticed the tub was dropping temp (we had both jet pumps on for a while).  My husband suggested looking at the heater icon... and sure enough .... the icon was NOT lit... But.. when I turned off either of the two pumps the heater icon did come on.   My husband was infuriated.  I decided (again) not to stress... and we're just using one pump at a time until they fix it.   Geesh.. you would think these guys that install them for a living could get it right... :(

FWIW we ordered gray cabinet with white/silver marble type shell.  No ozone, no stereo.  We are in upstate NY.    
Sounds like we're in very similar situations.  I ordered mine the Friday after Labor Day, and have heard the same "on the truck" comment as you! ("we won't know when it's arriving until it's on the truck...").  I also have the same concerns on the 60amp setting as you.  I've told them twice since ordering to make sure it gets configured for 60amp before being delivered, but I still don't have any confidence they'll actually do it.  The lady that keeps the book DID put a yellow sticky in my order folder though so maybe they'll get it right... if the tub ever arrives! :D
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 01:59:09 pm »
I'd say to physically be there when they deliver it and make sure they open the cabinet and check!  I was there the whole time but trusted what the installer told me.  Part of our problem may have been that we had someone from church help my husband with the wiring.. a few days after the spa was delievered.  Maybe if we'd used the same electrician the dealer recommends he'd have caught it.    Good luck!  Hopefully your spa will arrive soon...

Spiderman

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 02:12:39 pm »
2 weeks, Hot Spring Jetsetter   ;)
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 04:58:58 pm »
We purchased our Caldera in time for the Memorial Day sale, the week of 5/21. We were told 4 weeks since it had to be ordered. The Tub was delivered 7/6.

It was the longest wait but totally worth it :)

lskarp

• There is no patch for stupid
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 05:18:00 pm »
I ordered a Vita Spa..  They are in Miami, and I am in West Palm Beach, approx 50 miles away.  Anyway, we ordered our with options and the like and it took approx 3 weeks to deliver.  I thought that was reasonable given they had to install the lights and the extra pump, etc...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 05:18:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42