What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Dolly  (Read 9914 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Spa Dolly
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 06:56:35 pm »
We've got one or two, I'm not sure.  Our guys never use them.  They like to use the 4-wheeled furniture cart.  Three of them can deliver any spa we sell.  Tony's been delivering spas for us since 1987, so he knows all the tricks of the trade.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 06:56:35 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 03:11:10 pm »
re: what is that trailer? It looks like a Spa Dolly, but not quite

here is the link:

http://www.pools-hottubs.com/longstreth_industries.htm

Wow - a knock-off. I should have guessed. Their phone number is 'spa doly' which is an interesting take on the spelling of 'spa dolly.'

I like the fact that the one I have has steering handles at both the front and rear of the spa kart. I have fought it around too many tight corners to try with casters on just the one end.

And they sure make a lot of incorrect claims in their comparison chart.

Besides, the real Spa Dolly was invented by a gentleman and a scholar, and a HotSpring spa dealer to boot.

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tileman

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 07:58:17 pm »
I'm not sure what kind of dolly my dealer uses. When I called her a couple weeks ago concerned about the fence I was putting up, she told me that they only need about 40'' of clearance for the delivery. Good thing to, because I was almost finished and didn't feel like messing with it after it arrived. :)  I guess they must put it on its side and wheel it like that. BTW,  I left a 48'' gap in the fence on both sides of my 10'x25' patio. I was torn because on one hand I wanted complete privacy and wind blockage while on the other hand I didn't want to feel all boxed in. :-?

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 10:42:13 am »
I was towing an empty spa dolly last week and got rear ended by a compact car. The trailer took the hit, collapsed the removable tongue and popped one of the cart wheels. That's it. No damage to my truck. The compact car was compacted a little more (stoved in the hood, grill, bumper, radiator). All I need for the trailer is the removable tongue and get the flat fixed.

The wild part is, the young man jumped out of the car and left the scene running on foot. Luckily, he left his wallet behind, but took the keys to the car. Turns out it was his dad's car. The cops caught him hiding later that night by a neighbor. Cops did double duty for me as 1/2 of the force soak in HotSpring spas. Thank the Lord we take care of our customers.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Bama

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 02:36:28 pm »
they are bringing a wench and 10 men to manuver it down the slope to my back yard.
I will take photos of this!

You mean a "winch" right? Sorry Bama I couldn't resist chuckling over this, given the Pic of the Day controversy!  ::)

PS congrats on your new tub! May the bubbles always be blissful . . . :)

Thx!!!  
Dee Dee Dee!  I'm glad you had a good laugh on me.  I haad  no xperence wit a "winch".......as you know I wha-en  shure how to speel it.  I knowed I hads a fity-fity chance. ;D

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 12:06:12 pm »
they are bringing a wench and 10 men to manuver it down the slope to my back yard.
I will take photos of this!

You mean a "winch" right? Sorry Bama I couldn't resist chuckling over this, given the Pic of the Day controversy!  ::)

PS congrats on your new tub! May the bubbles always be blissful . . . :)

Thx!!!  
Dee Dee Dee!  I'm glad you had a good laugh on me.  I haad  no xperence wit a "winch".......as you know I wha-en  shure how to speel it.  I knowed I hads a fity-fity chance. ;D

;) Actually "wench" is one of my favorite words, so I notice when it pops up . . .

Looking forward to those pix!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 12:06:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42