What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Dolly  (Read 9912 times)

Spiderman

Spa Dolly
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:29:04 pm »
Any dealers  here use the Spa Dolly to deliver tubs?  It looks pretty slick, but I'm not sure if it's worth $3500 or $4000.  If dealers don't use the Spa Dolly, what do you use and what tricks are used to get the heavier tubs in place (besides the obvious crane).  Just wondering because when our Jetsetter was delivered, they only had two guys (Jetsetter only weighs around 450 lbs) so it wasn't too bad for them, but I can't imagine trying to push around a 900 lb Vista or Grandee  :o
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Dolly
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:29:04 pm »

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
Re: Spa Dolly
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 09:11:39 pm »
we had 2 guys and a regular 4 wheel dolly deliver our Grandee (about 1000 pounds dry).

I had to help them (a little) , and I had a wicked hangover.  By the time that sucker was in place, my hangover was gone.

Sure-fire hangover cure:  manhandle a thousand pound spa with 3 guys and a small 4 wheel dolly.

-geekd

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 10:02:52 pm »
I use the Spa Dolly. There is no other way to do it. It is well worth the money.

I stop in at the Spa Dolly booth whenever I see it at whatever show I am at, and give my testimonial freely.

I love the thing.

I have the Spa Wedge too - I just used it the other day to move a Vista and a Tahitian onto and off of the showroom floor with the help of one teenager.

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:03:13 pm »
The spa dolly is WELL WORTH it!!!  I own 3 of them for my different locations of stores.  Also another dealer has a better version of the spa wedge.  It works the exact same, but rolls up very small.   Again I own 3 of them one per dolly, I've been using the same one for 3 plus years.  PM me if you want to know how to get one.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 11:07:36 pm »
Very cool.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 01:38:35 am »
Gosh, I never knew it would handle a NON HotSpring spa too!

Better picture...

8-)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 09:27:25 am »

The one below was on e-bay:

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 11:37:01 am »
Do you guys think there's an issue with having to deliver a spa over 1 1/2" rock?  The side of my house where the spa will have to be wheeled through is covered by decorative stone; I'm hoping the dolly they use has wheels big enough to just roll over it...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Tom

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 03:25:46 pm »
Any dealers  here use the Spa Dolly to deliver tubs?
Another source  FYI only:
SpaDog™ and SpaPup from Bulldog Protective Coatings in Brockville, ON Canada
www.bulldogcoatingseast.com/spadog.html
1-877-811-1181

Tom

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 03:30:35 pm »
Do you guys think there's an issue with having to deliver a spa over 1 1/2" rock?  
Ask your dealer. If the use the Spa Dolly system, no problem. If they have small wheels on some other type of dolly, they may have to lay down some plywood.

ZEP - what is that trailer? It looks like a Spa Dolly, but not quite. The 'forks' are missing in the back, there is no place to load the steerable wheels for the cart, and I haven't seen that type of wheel on the front. I assume the fancy aluminum wheels could be an add-on.

Is that a knock-off?

New model?

Prototype?

Inquiring minds want to know

8-)

loosenupspas

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 03:46:00 pm »
very smart buy...spa wedge is a must.  used to use subs and they damaged everything.  Since i started with the spa dolly have had no damages.  buy it....the BCI folks are very nice too....Tom

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 04:09:45 pm »
re: what is that trailer? It looks like a Spa Dolly, but not quite

here is the link:

http://www.pools-hottubs.com/longstreth_industries.htm

Bama

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 04:22:04 pm »
Any dealers  here use the Spa Dolly to deliver tubs?  It looks pretty slick, but I'm not sure if it's worth $3500 or $4000.  If dealers don't use the Spa Dolly, what do you use and what tricks are used to get the heavier tubs in place (besides the obvious crane).  Just wondering because when our Jetsetter was delivered, they only had two guys (Jetsetter only weighs around 450 lbs) so it wasn't too bad for them, but I can't imagine trying to push around a 900 lb Vista or Grandee  :o

My LA spa (paradise H-2 it's 133" x 92' ) is being delivered tomorrow and they are bringing a wench and 10 men to manuver it down the slope to my back yard.
I will take photos of this!  Can't use a crane, too many trees...I live on a wooded cliff.
Anyway, they built a special dolly for this, it has giant wheels.  We tossed around different ideas, but the only one that all would agree to work is the extra muscle!

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 06:05:38 pm »
they are bringing a wench and 10 men to manuver it down the slope to my back yard.
I will take photos of this!

You mean a "winch" right? Sorry Bama I couldn't resist chuckling over this, given the Pic of the Day controversy!  ::)

PS congrats on your new tub! May the bubbles always be blissful . . . :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 06:07:20 pm by impuritanicallyUrs »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 06:51:03 pm »
We have two. Soon to have a third. Wouldn't go on any delivery without it. Get their airbag too. We have two of those too. It's worth every penny. Believe me, we bought our first 10years ago, it's alot of money, but boy it makes life easy.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 06:51:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42