What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Have the mods thought of adding a gallery page?  (Read 3647 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Have the mods thought of adding a gallery page?
« on: October 14, 2006, 09:45:46 am »
First of all this is an absolutely FANTASTIC site!  I would not have bought a hot tub without it!

There is a forum in the Pool/Spa section of Gardenweb and they have a gallery where you can load pics of your pool/spa setup.  It gives other folks tremendous ideas on landscaping, lighting, etc.  Any thought to having a similar gallery page here?  Issue with Gardenweb's is its 99% pool pics which doesn't interest me as much.

Garednwebs gallery (you can also switch to the regular discussion message board):

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/pools/nph-ind.cgi?type=gal

I really enjoy seeing other people's spa setups and the gallery page would put everything in an easy to find page.

Just my .02!

Marc
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 09:46:20 am by gores95 »

Hot Tub Forum

Have the mods thought of adding a gallery page?
« on: October 14, 2006, 09:45:46 am »

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
Re: Have the mods thought of adding a gallery page
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 09:54:56 am »
Great idea, Gores!

(Of course, I'd say so since I already posted my own site-creation pics)  :-[
But as a newbie, I'm always on the lookout for ideas and helpful hints.  

Form and function, baby!  It has to be practical, but if you're spending that kind of cash on a tub, it better not seem like an afterthouhgt in your yard, IMO.

Anyone else want to share their pics?
...because integrity's the key

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 04:56:10 pm »
I'm up for that.  Still a work in project but its definitely taking shape. ;)   I need ideas for gazeboo's...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 05:01:32 pm »
I would retitle that  OWNERS/WEBMASTERS,  the moderators are just hot tub loving control freaks with no ability to control the software or hardware for the site.   Perhaps you can IM the ADMINISTRATOR or email the webmaster.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

autoplay

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 05:17:08 pm »
Here's a few pics of my hot-tub.....and what I use to drain/empty the tub of water. I use an extension from a shop vac,and put that on the end of the drain-hose from the spa,and let it empty into the pool.  I also use a shop-vac,to suck out all the orafices,and to get the remaining water out of the bottom of the tub.

tileman

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 07:19:31 pm »
Sweet set up Autoplay! Is that a screen enclosure or a full enclosure? Which ever it is it looks awesome. I also really like your paver job and landscaping. Talk about a backyard. Your friends probably never want to leave. You have one of the nicest set ups I've seen. Did you do any of that yourself?  Tileman

In Canada eh

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 07:27:52 pm »
Autoplay

Great looking set up, love the florida bug/aligator screen.  Georgeous job on the paving stone with the tile edges, looks great
Bullfrog 451

autoplay

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 08:32:39 am »
Sweet set up Autoplay! Is that a screen enclosure or a full enclosure? Which ever it is it looks awesome. I also really like your paver job and landscaping. Talk about a backyard. Your friends probably never want to leave. You have one of the nicest set ups I've seen. Did you do any of that yourself?  Tileman

It's a full enclosure.  We recently had the surface of the pool redone,and when we did that,we had the pavers installed at the same time. I did the tile at the waterline.

I too am a tile/stone mason :)

Check this site out,it has alot of great people and info.....
http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/

And thx for the compliments!  Now we gotta get you into hot water lol

tileman

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 10:36:02 am »
Your welcome. I went to that site and I have to say I'm not a big fan of diyers trying to do my job. I take alot of pride in what I do and it really bothers me when I walk in to someones house and see a half-ass tile job. I'm in the Local 18 here in St.Louis and work for a small family owned shop. The family is me ,dad, and uncles. I'm also not a big fan of the floorlayers local as they try to do all flooring and not focus on mastering one. I'm sure there are many quality setters on that site but I don't want to contribute to the non-certified,trained, diyers there. I feel so strong about this because too many times have I had to fix someone elses f*#@ ups. The thing I always tell people is that I don't go into you place of empolyment and try to do your job so leave constuction to the proffessionals.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 10:36:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42