What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring Bubba Keg Water Care Demo  (Read 20218 times)

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
Re: HotSpring Bubba Keg Water Care Demo
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2006, 12:23:02 pm »
Everybody has a right to voice their opinion. Even if it is five times. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2006, 12:23:02 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2006, 05:25:09 pm »
Am I not clear here?

I think, this autofresh system, is a waste of money!
I think you are missing the point.

The way you say something means as much as what you say.

For example, I don't agree with your opinion. So I could say, "Thanks for your opinion, but I have a defferent opinion about it."

Or I could say, "You're an idiot."

They both express about the same thing, which one would you rather read if the opnion in question is yours?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2006, 05:42:54 pm »

Altazi

• 3 seats, 155hp jet pump - anything BUT relaxing!
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2006, 06:21:13 pm »
Whether or not the Autofresh system is successful will be determined by the consumers.  The implementation may not be perfect, but it is a step in the direction of more complete automation.  I, for one, am not averse to NOT having to mess with chemicals and water testing.  I'd be perfectly happy to have a spa that took care of itself altogether - up to the point where it could order its own chemical cartridges as needed over the Internet.  For me, convenience is VERY important.  I will pay more for a product if it has features that are convenient for me.

When I see the number of posts regarding water chemistry issues that I do on this site, I can't help but believe that, in the end, we will have spas that automatically monitor and control the water chemistry.

If, as many of you say, the top brands of spas are all pretty much equivalent in terms of quality, and the selection of the spa comes down largely to subjective issues such as comfort, then the Autofresh system is another way for a manufacturer to significantly differentiate their product from their competition.

Regards,

Altazi

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2006, 03:21:56 pm »
I'm sorry I was away when this thread was posted.

Term, is this the new system you mentioned last year, and had estimated it would be available by mid 06?

Not sure if I would retrofit my spa for this system, (and yea, I think $300/year  relativley a lot for chems )but it is interesting. If I was buying a new spa,  I would absoltuey consider it.  My only concern is it's a new system without too much field use in customer hands is how relable is it? Time will tell.

windsurf tells us: I use the tried and true dichlor routine and I do not have to maintain it on a daily basis.  I may skip a day or two if I don't soak.  And if my schedule/desire causes me to go several days without soaking, it takes me all of about 2 minutes to scoop a couple of tsp of dichlor in and about 1 minute 15 minutes later to close the cover.  This is nowhere close to daily maintenance.  It's a no-brainer, to me.

You know, maybe I've got magic water or something, but (as I've reported to Vinny), I only add dichlor after I use the tub and I'm doing great too. I can go several days without a problem.  I went away last week.  Just before leaving on Sunday morning I added 4 teaspoons of dichlor to my tub.  9 days later on Monday afternoon,  I checked the tub. Water  was crystal clear, clean and fresh smelling.  test strips showed trace amounts of dichlor, and everything else spot on. Perfect!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 03:27:05 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2006, 04:13:53 pm »
Yes sir, one and the same.  Had to get FDA approval in each individual state is what caused the delay according to the information transmitted from the Mothership.

Terminator- Loyal Follower
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

dkersten

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2006, 07:22:55 pm »
Couple questions..

First, is it HS only or will it work with Tiger River that has the IQ2020 board?

Second, Perhaps this is a dead horse issue, but some people do tend here to get riled up when someone mentions things like "baquaspa", or "ozone", or "silver ion" as legitimate means of sanitizing and maintaining a hot tub.  Now, Throwing out any hot tub not made in 2006 or later, can someone explain to me how a very large company like Hot Springs would market any of these items and put them under their warranty if they didnt work as advertised?

I look at it this way.. I am no expert, but I am willing to bet that any multi-million dollar manufacturer that warranties all their products for no less than 5 years would spend a little time and money to make sure that not only is their gizmo not harmful to the product (seals, plumbing, electrical, shell, etc) but also not harmful to the end users.  Also I imagine some of this time and money would have bought them some research that actually shows that these sorts of things do work in sanitizing a hot tub.

Yes, I am sure that as concepts were developed and released to the market, there were brands that failed to work as advertised.  I am also assuming that in the past there has been reasons for people to not want to vary from their tried and trued methods of sanitizing.  But with the same logic, I would also assume that companies that make and LOSE millions of dollars actually try to learn the reasons that their products failed or didnt fail.  This would also lead me to believe that this trial and error would lead to a better product.

I am not a spa expert by any stretch, but I am a computer expert, and I have seen technologies come and go, some worked well and others didnt, and some were improved upon to go from the not working well to working better than ever expected.  The one thing I have learned from all this is that you should never discount a technology or brand based on past experience alone.  

Someone in this thread mentioned that Baqua products work poorly in spas because people tend to use too much.. So you take a computer that uses input from the customer on PH and alkalinity and, knowing all the other specs of the spa, can properly dose the system with chemicals and keep the water clean and healthy.  Sounds good to me.

Matter of fact, even though some would call me cheap (I prefer the term frugal), I would be interested in a system like this.  I am not lazy, I just dont want to deal with the chemical hassle all the time.  I was told by the dealer that I would be spending around $160 a year on chems anyway.  Going to $300 a year is NOT a big deal to me from there.  Sure there will likely be a high up front cost, but I am the type of person that wants to spend $300 for a light bulb that changes color.. Am I really an idiot for thinking that spending a little money so that I dont have to worry as much about buying, storing, and adding chems is a good idea?

The advantage I have over some of the veteran spa owners is this:  I have had my tub for a little over a month now, and dont have a built up bias towards any maintenance routines.  I assume what the dealer taught me is good enough, and I assume that what the people who make the tub and warranty it say is also good enough.  After all, if the system doesnt work, they will be the ones that have to deal with it.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2006, 10:33:37 pm »
Why can't we just all get along here?????????
  :'(

Jr

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2006, 02:39:34 pm »
First, is it HS only or will it work with Tiger River that has the IQ2020 board?

HotSpring only at this point.

The rest of your post was right on. :)

Terminator

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2006, 11:02:10 pm »
When will the Autofresh system be released for California residents?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 11:02:30 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2006, 11:48:14 am »

I'm assuming it's available all over.  We've tried to order some for our showrooms, but are having some trouble with the online ordering system.

As soon as I get one in, I'll hook it up, take pictures, and do an online review of it.

Terminator

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2006, 08:59:20 pm »

I'm assuming it's available all over.  We've tried to order some for our showrooms, but are having some trouble with the online ordering system.

As soon as I get one in, I'll hook it up, take pictures, and do an online review of it.

Terminator

I talked to a California dealer and he told be it wasn't released for CA yet. Maybe he was mis-informed. Is the Autofresh available in your area yet Chas?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vanguard

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2006, 12:35:51 am »
Wow!!!  What a thread.  For a product that has just been released, there sure is a lot of discussion.

Sledjunkie, money wasted is purely in the eye of the beholder.  What may be a waste to you may not be a waste to me.  If I want the system, like the way it works and am willing to pay the money, then it is NOT a waste of money.  You sure seem to have a way with words and making friends.

Sure, a lot of pool/spa dealers don't push Baqua.  Not every dealer can get it.  I have found the dealers selling Baqua like it and those who don't sell it don't like it.  Hmmm.  I wonder why that is...

Seems like Hot Spring is on to something here.  I, for one, don't enjoy putting stuff in the water.  If I can have a system that will do it for me, great!!  I'm all for it.  Seems like all you have to do is input some info on startup and then every couple of weeks verify how much you use the spa.  Appears to be easy to me.  I'm willing to pay extra for easy.  A lot of customers are willing as well.  Why do you think navigation systems sell in cars?  Maps are cheaper and get you to the same spot.  A nav system is just easier.

I will wait to express my opinion of whether I like it or not until after I see it working.  My dealer told me my spa is Auto Fresh ready.  It has a plug in the filter compartment and so it should work.  Once he gets it, I may try it out.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2006, 06:28:20 am »
Just a couple questions

I have been told that ozone and Baqua do not get a long, so does that mean when you get this your tub won't come standard with ozone, because it is not in the diagram.

ok 1 question 1 comment

While this be like the Bio Free fiascoo for all you 10 + Watkins dealers

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2006, 07:55:52 am »
So let me see if I have this right, Sledmonkey is still on the fence about this one?
Bullfrog 562

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2006, 07:55:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42