What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Grandee arrives Wed..  (Read 2738 times)

cxturboboost

New Grandee arrives Wed..
« on: October 09, 2006, 07:32:28 am »
Finally after much hard work of moving dirt, and putting in concrete the tub will be here in a couple of days.  If anyone can give me some suggestions on chemicals and also anything else that would be helpful with a 2006 H.S. Grandee it would be appreciated.  I've done as much reading on this forum as possible.  Thank you for all suggestions.

Hot Tub Forum

New Grandee arrives Wed..
« on: October 09, 2006, 07:32:28 am »

NWHotTubber

Re: New Grandee arrives Wed..
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 07:38:05 am »
Our new '06 HS Grandee is being delivered Wednesday also!   Pad was poured on Friday  8-)

Happy soaking times ahead  :)

gturn

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 10:48:17 am »
Finally after much hard work of moving dirt, and putting in concrete the tub will be here in a couple of days.  If anyone can give me some suggestions on chemicals and also anything else that would be helpful with a 2006 H.S. Grandee it would be appreciated.  I've done as much reading on this forum as possible.  Thank you for all suggestions.

I would recommend taking a water sample of your fill water and getting it tested, then you only have to buy the chemicals you need to correct all the levels.  If your water is low ph you don't need to be buying ph down etc. You will need to decide if you want to use Clorine or Bromine, both work well.  Clorine is cheaper but more work, requires adding chemicals after each use and sometime between uses, then waiting 15-20 minutes after adding before you can close the cover.  Bromine tablets are less work but requires a floater, tablets last about 2 weeks in a floater.  I use Bomine and like the ease of it, I use the tub and when done I get out and close the cover and I am done.  Once a week I do a shock and check the tablets and other levels.  I started testing the water every time I used the tub, but now that I have the floater set and am familiar with how the levels change, I only need to test weekly.  If I have a change in the normal routine like a big group over, I check things afterwards.  You will use similar chemicals to get your other levels up upon filling, then minor changes after that.  Make sure to adjust calcium levels, that will help stabalize the water.

cxturboboost

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 08:56:23 pm »
Thanks,

I will take your advice.

Pete

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 09:23:27 pm »
Congrats! Another one in HS hot water.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Astropin

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 05:40:47 pm »
We have had our grandee for a little over three years now and we love it. It gets used year round (outdoors in Michigan) and is big enough to entertain company. Plus the larger size even makes it easier to maintain the water. Love the variety of jets but it could use better (or more) foot jets. I would buy another if I was doing it over.

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 08:55:41 pm »
May I ask the first 2 posters what you paid for your units? I was quoted around $13k for one here in Chicago.

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 09:15:48 pm »
I paid $8900 for my Grandee in August of this year.  No SpaAudio (that's a $2 G - $2.5 G option), but cover, cover lifter, steps, starter chems & delivery included.  Electrical install was extra ($300).

I'm in San Diego, and they are made about 40 miles away in Vista, so that may have played a part in my price.

Also, when we looked at Sundance spas, they were only slightly more than that.  So it may be local market conditions. LOTS of people in San Diego have spas, and there are TONS of spa dealers here.

-geekd

cxturboboost

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 09:21:43 pm »
It's up and going :) :)

We gave $8800 with the marble interior, steps, cover lift, delivery, GFI box,etc.  I'm a tight a.....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 09:22:24 pm by cxturboboost »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 09:21:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42