What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I Think We Got a Floor Model  (Read 36330 times)

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: I Think We Got a Floor Model
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2006, 10:55:27 am »
Kudos Bohm! I wish you lots of luck (even though with AmEx you shouldn't need it). If you have a camera, I would go ahead and start taking pictures to document all this. Also, if you can, get a written statement from the electrician. You probably won't need that, but let AmEx know you can provide that info if they need it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2006, 10:55:27 am »

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2006, 11:02:48 am »
Well I hope to have a good story to tell all of you about my experience in about two weeks from now.  I am going to bite my tounge right now and wait and see what happens.  Markee knows what I am talking about but if things do get resolved this week then I will probably just bite my tounge
Steve

NWHotTubber

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2006, 11:22:20 am »
Should get another thousand off just for my time in dealing with their mistake... my time is very valuable.  And, they are putting a real damper on your spatopia time...!

I would take pictures of my deck and exit point so that if they mess anything else up you have a before and after pic. ;)  

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2006, 12:22:58 pm »
I just sent an email to Jeff Shaw since he won't be in the office until Monday and I copied my dealer on it.  I also called Am Ex to dispute it.  Thank you everyone for your help.  Cola - I PM'd you.  I will let you know the outcome.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2006, 02:05:40 pm »
It's too bad you didn't take pictures when it came off the truck with used filters, used bromine cartridge, no wrap etc. That would have been definate proof. I'm sure you will get this resoved.

Why don't you send this link to your dealer?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 02:25:00 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bohms

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2006, 02:23:49 pm »
I wish we would have taken pictures but they aren't debating that all of these things took place, they are just standing by what they said....that it's a new tub....no proof, just their word over mine.  They called back before and said that they're coming to pick it up Tuesday morning between 9 and 10.  It'll be interesting to watch them carry the tub down 30 or so stairs OVER a railing.....hehehehe, then down a steep driveway.  
We'll see what Jeff Shaw (anyone know his title over at headquarters?) says on Monday - I also cc'd my dealer on the email.
I didn't even think to send this link to the dealer.  Not sure if that would work for me or against me.  I have told him several times that I frequent hot tub forums....that didn't seem to bother them.

MarKee

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2006, 01:29:23 am »
bohms:  It's sad that the situation got to this point.  I'm not sure exactly what Jeff's title is, but he works as a intermediary between the factory, dealers, and customers.  He's a really good guy.  This is Jeff on the Q&A section of the Marquis web site:

http://marquisspas.com/qa.asp

Maybe he can find a resolution so that you can get the spa that you liked.  

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2006, 07:17:51 am »
Holy cr-p Bohms to think I almost bought a Destiny from the same dealer.  Really strange thing here is the dealership has (had!) such a good rep.  Unfortunately for you I think the next nearest dealer is in NY State.  If you are still stuck on Marquis I would give them a call...when I was shopping the nice thing about buying out of state was saving the super 7% NJ sales tax!  As you can see I ended up buying another brand in PA.

My opinion is that they will give in...probably after this guy Jeff gets involved and stopping the Amex payment is also a great idea.  I think the $1000 is a good lesson for them and considering the manpower needed to get the spa out of your backyard it is probably worth it to eat the grand.

I wish you best of luck with this and please let us know what happens!

Marc
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 07:21:22 am by gores95 »

anne

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2006, 09:26:52 pm »
Wow, I'm coming back to this late, but I do wish you luk and hope that it all works out SOON. Look on the bright side (though it is not the easiest thing to do RIGHT NOW when you deserve to be soaking in a new tub, not stressing over a big hassle); hopefully one of the following will happen:

1. They'll pick up the tub, and you'll be happy that you discovered the shady (or incompetant) side of your sales guy now rather than later on, and you'll move on.

or

2. They'll see the foolishness of their ways when they see your steps, refund you $1000, and detail the tub while they are there. You'll still have the spa you wanted with a dealer who did finally come through for you, and a reasonable "compensation" for your time and stress.

Spatopia WILL come!

Dance like nobody's watching

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2006, 12:04:02 am »
Any update?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

bohms

« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2006, 10:34:50 am »
Well - it's gone.  Jeff Shaw never responded.  They came this morning with 8 guys and instead of going down all of my stairs, they went down the other side of my house which is VERY steep with loose rock everywhere.  They used PVC pipes to slide it down.  At one point I thought they were going to lose it b/c the guys on the bottom couldn't keep their footing with the rocks slipping.  I have the whole thing on video!  They completely scracthed up the side of the tub with the rocks.  All of that b/c they didn't want to credit our account $1,000 for being deceitful to us....who's going to buy the tub with all of those scratches now?  Our salesguy was there and he couldn't even make eye contact with me....he was obviously so embarrassed of all the lies he told.  Anyway......we're in the market for a new tub!!  Going to look at Sundance this week and going back to Hot Springs to see what they have again!  Can't believe we have to start the whole process again!  DON'T EVER BUY FROM RIX IN EAST HANOVER, NJ!!!  They will give you a floor model or wet test model and try to pretend like it's new!!  We were smart enough to catch them....I wonder how many others they've done this to.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2006, 10:54:31 am »
I sent PM's offering to help and believe that I could have...

As dissapointed in the dealer over the situation as I am it think that getting in touch with the owner of the store and talking logic could have worked.

Did they ever offer a reason for the used Frog cartridges? Taking reponsiblity in the beguining could have changed everything...it sounds like you loved the spa, you just needed to feel comfortable with the value. They didn't do that and lost a sale...shame.

Now back to the $1000 credit. At the end of the day do you honestly believe that there is that much profit in a spa? As a dealer I would not have considered a $1000 credit but I would have worked a lot harder to make you happy in every other way possible.

Jeff would probably not have responded until he was able to talk to the owner of the store himself. Politics dictate that he should talk with his dealer and get an answer before forming a judgement or response.

BTW, I would have probably lost patience myself and had the spa picked up!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2006, 10:59:28 am »
The customer is NOT always right, in spite of what you may hear.  However, based on the information that was presented on this forum, the dealer was way out of line and simply made things worse by trying to be deceitful.  Hopefully they learned a lesson and hopefully you'll find another dealer worthy of your business. :)

Terminator
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:59:59 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

bohms

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2006, 11:30:51 am »
Stuart - The owner of the dealership sent me an email apologizing for his salesmen not being truthful.  He said that it was never put on my contract as to whether or not it was going to be a new spa or a wet test floor model.  He was basically trying to cover up for all of the lies that the Salesguy and Sales Mgr told me.  In the end it wound up costing them more than $1,000.  The tub is all scratched from the rocks and the salesguy backed the van into the cover lifter bar....not to mention the time and effort it took the 8 guys to come and get it.

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2006, 11:31:47 am »
Here in the Hudson Valley of New York I believe there is at least $1000 in profit on a spa. That is at least in the price a dealer is willing to sell one for. I have had rock bottom quotes only to get a call a week later with a sweeter deal. I also think the dealer in this case cost himself close to the 1000 anyway. The removing of the tub down the 'slippery slope' could have potentially cost someone a significant amount if someone were injured. It is probably a good idea to keep the video for a while just in case someone comes down with a back problem.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2006, 11:31:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42