What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any Word on VitaSpa???  (Read 9727 times)

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
Any Word on VitaSpa???
« on: October 11, 2006, 04:40:27 pm »
My husband just stopped at the Vita Spa dealer on the way home from work and he looked at the Rendevous.  I haven't heard much about it so any input would be welcome.  The dealer is right by Giants stadium and she did say that the Giants purchased the Rendevous.  For their locker room, I suppose....

Hot Tub Forum

Any Word on VitaSpa???
« on: October 11, 2006, 04:40:27 pm »

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
Re: Any Word on VitaSpa???
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 05:07:10 pm »
......or for an wild party on a yacht. Oh, wait sorry. that would be the Vikings. :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 05:07:28 pm by cooltoy2000 »

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 05:26:37 pm »
About a month ago, I was considering the Rendevous as well. The layout seems terrific with calf jets for every seat and a huge footdome with 3 volcanoes and 4 footjets and the Wave seat. Lots of back and neck jets as well, so it seemed to be fully loaded which is what my wife and I wanted. I too posted asking for comments about Vita and I think I got one response. IMO, they are not a big brand with limited dealers so there aren't many owners out there. I know they're not cheap and there are some people who have had problems with them and have posted their complaints (but every mfg has critics). I wish I could be of more help (we didn't get a chance to wet test) but it probably is a reliable unit considering their price points. We purchased an Arctic for a variety of reasons including the fact they were recognized as one of the better brands.

watzup

• sipping suds
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 06:10:40 pm »
Since there are only my wife and I, we bought the 3-4 size of a Vita Spa named Alero.   We have had it since March of 06, and love it very much.  No troubles what so ever.  It is very economical, < $1 a day.  I especially like the lounger seat, it has jets for the legs.  We have had no problems with the water and keeping it nice and clear using Leisure products.  The control panel is on top so you can see it while in the tub.  We have a great dealer that included a lot of extra stuff, steps, top, lift, ozonator?, chemical class, setup and delivery and a GFI circuit breaker.  Was < $4K.   :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 06:13:03 pm by watzup »

bohms

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 07:43:34 pm »
Cooltoy - good one!  ;D

Wesj - which Artic did you buy?

Watzup - thanks for the info - where are you located?

tileman

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 07:47:31 pm »
There is a Vita dealor here in St. Louis. I went and checked them out also. Their top spas were pretty comparable to some of the big names spa companies. They weren't any cheaper though and I wasn't comfortable with the dealor or his sales team. So for these reasons I stuck with more reconizable names. One feature that I hadn't seen before and really liked was being able to monitor your spa from the internet. You could controll the whole thing from a keyboard across the country.   Tileman

watzup

• sipping suds
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 08:11:55 pm »
Cooltoy - good one!  ;D

Wesj - which Artic did you buy?

Watzup - thanks for the info - where are you located?

Orlando, Fl. ;D

lskarp

• There is no patch for stupid
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 10:07:17 pm »
I bought a VitaSpa Nuage model in June this year.  We tried 4 or 5 models, but this was the one for us as soon as we got in!!  The Vita Dealer in West Palm by the airport was great, totally low pressure.  A buddy of mine introduced me to the store as he bought his from the same guy like 8 years ago.

So far so good, no complaints.  They deal on price, so either get a couple of grand off, or get some options.  I got the 3rd pump, misters, and fiber optic lights for like $400 and they gave me $1000 off teh list including delivery and set up.  They also usually do home shows and that is how I got the specials, I told them I was gogin and to give me teh special for the show.  So they hooked me up.

The factory is in Miami so they are like outlet stores down here, i am not sure if they are different in other spots.  Also, they seemed to play well with other Vita dealers as the original guy I was dealing with did not have a wet Nuage so he arranged a test with anotehr dealer in Hollywood.  Again, totally low pressure.

Good luck..  If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at lskarp@hotmail.com.

LK

wesj53

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 10:08:39 pm »
The Tundra Legend SE. Scheduled to be delivered next week. Site is prepared and we're ready to roll - I mean soak!

bohms

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 10:31:19 pm »
Wes - I actually called an Artic dealer today - it's about 45 miles away, so he was really nice and was giving me an idea of prices over the phone.  
Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the Tundra Legend?  He gave us a price of $10,000 for the Tundra Ultra.  I didn't ask him about the Tundra Legend.  Looks like an awesome tub!

wesj53

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 10:27:14 am »
My wife and I splurged on this purchase admittedly. After much research and wet testing, we narrowed our choice down to the Artesian Piper Glen ($10,500), the Sundance Optima ($9700) and the Tundra. We also compared it to the HS Grandee which was at about the same price at $12,500. The Legend SE series is their very top end that comes standard with items that are options otherwise (PM me for further explanation or contact your dealer for a list). We then added the DELUXE Northern Lights (which adds computer generation to the controls), the 5" deluxe cover, the deluxe cover lifter, and stainless jets. The grand total came up to $16,850 which the dealer then discounted $4300 back down to $12,500.

Bottom line - we didn't want problems with a unit after the warranty period and we wanted lots of jets and other features so we spent a couple grand more. I hope the unit performs as well as we think it will. Time will tell but we think Arctic makes a very good product and we liked the layout of the unit (the most unique design of any tub we looked at). I know it's not for all people, but we liked the feel and we're looking forward to using it.

One more suggestion, ask your dealer how much the standard Legend would be. It doesn't have the air or aroma therapy (which some people don't care for anyway), but it gives you 14 more water jets than the Ultra. It may not be much more expensive than your current quote. Good luck and should you have more specific questions, feel free to ask me here or PM if you think the subject may bore other readers.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 03:59:41 pm »
I have a Reflections Grenada which is made by the same company as Vita and shares many of the same parts. I have had no problem with my spa so far after 6 months. One early glitch with the control pad was quickly fixed by the dealer and it hasd been fine ever since.

Wet tested 4 different Vita spas when I was originally shopping and liked them all but found I was most comfortable with a four corner seat spa. The Vitas tended to be a bit more costly as they generally have more features on them than the Reflections line (although Reflections comes in three levels and the top end version is little different from a Vita in my opinion). Anyway I got the Grenada over the Nuage as it was larger but didn't cost that much more as far as I could tell and the extra size made a big difference in comfort to me. But I liked features of both the Rendezvous and Cabaret. Cabaret had a very nice therapy chair in it and the wave motion in the bench seat of the Rendezvous was a nice feature as well.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 03:59:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42