What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: diverter valve question  (Read 1998 times)

anne

diverter valve question
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:57:47 pm »
I'm not sure if this is a brand specific question, or a general question, but I'll throw it out there:

Lately my diverter valves are really hard to move when the pumps are on. If i want to put all the power completely to one side, I have to turn off the pump, move the diverter, then switch it back on. This is getting to be a real pain, and is NOT relaxing! I can move it a little with the pump on, but not easily, and not all the way. There are 3 pumps ana three diverters: all of them are hard to move, but pump #1 is the worst, and it is the most powerful of them.

Is there something I can do at home to fix this? Should I just contact Arctic?
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

diverter valve question
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:57:47 pm »

gturn

Re: diverter valve question
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 06:50:59 pm »
I'm not sure if this is a brand specific question, or a general question, but I'll throw it out there:

Lately my diverter valves are really hard to move when the pumps are on. If i want to put all the power completely to one side, I have to turn off the pump, move the diverter, then switch it back on. This is getting to be a real pain, and is NOT relaxing! I can move it a little with the pump on, but not easily, and not all the way. There are 3 pumps ana three diverters: all of them are hard to move, but pump #1 is the worst, and it is the most powerful of them.

Is there something I can do at home to fix this? Should I just contact Arctic?

Mine moves real easy, and I have strong pumps to, but its not an Arctic.  Maybe something is wrong with them, wouldn't hurt to call the dealer and ask them.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 11:59:34 pm »
Anne, you more than likely have debris in the valve (real common on non-bypass spas).  If you call your dealer, I'm sure they will say the same thing, or worse yet, come out to fix it and charge you.  Many companies will not cover this under warranty.  Unscrew the lid, with power off, and clean out valve.  May need to take some emory paper and smooth out the scrapes from the debris.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 10:42:34 am »
Simple answer, they are dirty. You may even put grooves in the valve body which will require a light sanding to smooth them out. It is the nature of the beast with diverter valves, all brands will have similar issues.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

anne

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 12:15:40 pm »
THanks. I'm leaving town tonight, but I'll try that as soon as I get back. I'm sure I'll have another question as to how to actaully open the valve, but I'll look at it first.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 12:15:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42