What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Check out spa at one dealer, buy from another?  (Read 4681 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Check out spa at one dealer, buy from another?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 10:34:00 am »
If you live in the Portland area and vacation home is near Bend and you are considering Hot Spring, Oregon Hot Spring Spas is the dealer in both areas.

If you are dealing with 2 different dealers, it is courteous to be up front with the dealers close to home and let them choose how to approach the situation.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 10:34:00 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 10:56:42 am »
Like hottubdan said, just be up front and honest and there'll be no hard feelings.

From time to time, I've had folks come through who tell me they live in Houston or Amarillo or someplace far away.  I tell them there's a local dealer in their hometown that they'd be better off doing business with, but that I don't mind showing them a little about our products.  They seem to appreciate it.

I actually got a letter from a HotSpring dealer in Arizona who told me that a couple I'd talked to at the Alley Fest came in to his store, handed him my business card, and said "This guy sold us on a Tiger River Bengal.  We just came in to order it."  I appreciated the Arizona dealer writing me the letter, but would've appreciated it more if he'd sent me my $2,000 commission. :'(

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Altazi

• 3 seats, 155hp jet pump - anything BUT relaxing!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 12:00:28 pm »
Hey, Term, at least it wasn't serious money, only $2k. . . ;)

Thanks for the advice - all.  I do plan on being up front about the whole deal.  I learned a long time ago (when I was a kid) that when you're not honest with people, things usually blow up in your face.  Being on the up-and-up is so much easier.  No lies to remember, or get caught in.

Regards,

Altazi

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 12:00:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42