What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Dealers:  Input needed on used Gra  (Read 2352 times)

SpaMorph

Hot Spring Dealers:  Input needed on used Gra
« on: October 09, 2006, 03:02:42 pm »
My buddie has a Hot Spring Grandee that he wants to sell.  He purchased it new and thinks it is a 2003 model.  Other than a few of the jets (bearing type) needing to be replaced, it seems to be in good mechanical condition.  It has the plastic cedar-look cabinet and the basic, classic blue shell.  

1.  What would be a fair price for this used spa?  Any idea what it cost new?  He said he thinks he paid about $10K for the spa 3 years ago, but doesn't remember exactly because he had a bunch of other patio work done as part of the project.  

2.  Also, both Moto Massage seats have the single row of jets that seem to hit you right on the spine.  What would it cost me to replace those Moto Massage jets with the double row that's being used in the current models?

3.  How costly is the Everwood cabinet?  Can I purchase the panels from the dealer to replace the entire cabinet, if I desired?

4.  Is the Hot Spring warranty transferable?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Dealers:  Input needed on used Gra
« on: October 09, 2006, 03:02:42 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Hot Spring Dealers:  Input needed on used Gra
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 03:59:56 pm »
1. $4-5K is reasonable.  It probably cost him about $8.5K.
2. Can't do it.
3. A lot.  I think you can - but it is expensive.  If you do this it would be beneficial to buy a new Grandee.
4. No.

SpaMorph

Re: Hot Spring Dealers:  Input needed on used
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 05:14:17 pm »
1. $4-5K is reasonable.  It probably cost him about $8.5K.
2. Can't do it.
3. A lot.  I think you can - but it is expensive.  If you do this it would be beneficial to buy a new Grandee.
4. No.

Thank you!

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:27:10 pm »
Have his dealer take care of the panels under warranty... and have 'em look it over for anything else. Otherwise, chrisH is right.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 12:11:52 am »
Have his dealer take care of the panels under warranty... and have 'em look it over for anything else. Otherwise, chrisH is right.

Good idea. Are the panels actually covered by warrantee? I'm assuming they are just showing their age from being outside?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

SpaMorph

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 01:17:01 am »
Are the panels actually covered by warrantee? I'm assuming they are just showing their age from being outside?
Yes, just normal wear and tear.  Not a warranty issue.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 01:17:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42