What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Taylor Test Kit  (Read 2592 times)

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Taylor Test Kit
« on: October 07, 2006, 07:34:11 am »
I recently bought a Taylor Test Kit.  It came with a 60 page instruction booklet.  Can someone just give me a short and sweet overview of what really matters and what I really need to test?

Hot Tub Forum

Taylor Test Kit
« on: October 07, 2006, 07:34:11 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Taylor Test Kit
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 07:58:02 am »
I recently bought a Taylor Test Kit.  It came with a 60 page instruction booklet.  Can someone just give me a short and sweet overview of what really matters and what I really need to test?
[size=22]YOU MUST READ THE BOOK!!![/size]

Just kidding ... You need to measure for free chlorine, combined chlorine, PH, alkalinity and calcium. If you own a pool, the stabilizer test is used. Ranges are the same as for test strips but you'll find the Taylor more accurate.

Calcium really only needs to be tested at the fill, alkalinity whenever you feel that it needs to be adjusted (PH swings) and chlorine and PH whenever you test your spa.

anne

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 08:46:12 pm »
If you just bought it, the handy dandy manual it comes with is water resistant, so settle yourself in a comfy seat of the spa, and read away! (that is what I did, at least, and I thought reading it was pretty informative and brief)
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 08:46:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42