What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any Info on Catailina?  (Read 2669 times)

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
Any Info on Catailina?
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:02:30 pm »
I am stopping by a Catalina dealer tonight.  Where do they fit in the line up of quality versus....Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Caldera ans Sundance :o
Any help would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Any Info on Catailina?
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:02:30 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Any Info on Catailina?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 12:12:13 pm »
I am stopping by a Catalina dealer tonight.  Where do they fit in the line up of quality versus....Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Caldera ans Sundance :o

One word of advice, when the subject gets around to the warranty listen carefully to see if they mention anything related to it being prorated. If there is no mention of prorating, pointedly ask if it is and ask to see a copy of the warranty (ALL dealers should be able to provide one on demand). Unless it has changed you'll find it is and you'll want to know the specifics for comparison to the other brands you're looking at (I'm not saying it should be the deal breaker, you just want to evaluate that aspect).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:52:51 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

anne

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 12:26:09 pm »
I briefly looked at Catalina while shopping, but wlaked out in less than 10 min because the dealer in my area had only 4 spas for me to see at all, could not answer my questions, and was SMOKING when we walked in (he then put it out, but it still REALLY put me in a grumpy mood). The shells and headrests looked cheap, but I dont really know what the quality was like.
Dance like nobody's watching

Pathfinder

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 01:44:31 pm »
I love the 3rd page of warranty   22 reasons why they will void your warranty

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 07:40:10 pm »
Bypass altogether, they care more about looks than quality.  It's whatever sells the easiest.

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 10:02:30 pm »
Catalina has a pro rated warranty :o

If a manufacturer doesn't have faith in their own product, I certainly will not put my faith in their product, let alone my money.
Bullfrog 451

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 11:33:33 am »

They don't! They fit in more with the Sunbelts of the world ;)
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

tileman

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 07:01:21 pm »
Hey Pete, I wet tested some catalina a couple of weeks ago. They seemed like good spas but the seats sat to high and were too close together. Just didn't have alot of space IMO even in their 8ft. models. Sorry for the belated response, good luck in your shopping.  Tileman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 07:01:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42