What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bought My Hot Tub  (Read 3660 times)

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
Bought My Hot Tub
« on: September 29, 2006, 09:52:22 am »
After 6 weeks of research I have found the tub.  I want to thank everyone on this forum who has been giving me information.  It was very helpful.  The winner for me is the Caldera Niagara.

I will take a few minutes to explain the decision.

I looked at Caldera Niagara
Jacuzzi 400 series
Arctic
Aspen-Local St. Louis Mfg
Hot Springs
Sundance

When I started the search,  I wanted someone in this forum to tell me which was the best.....nobody did.  I thought cripes...come on...give me an opinion...  Over and over I heard the same thing....wet test and buy the one that is comfortable.  Bottom line....that's what happened.

I earned a PHD in Hot Tubbing.....Ozonators...open foam...closed foam...Insulated full foam...No Foam..bromide...chlorine...maintenance of the tub...different lifters....the list can go on....

In the end...all of these tubs (most) were on the same level.  They all did things a little different...but overall were all great names in tubs.

The Niagra won for two reasens:
   Comfort
       The height was great, I could have my arms on the sides, the footwell had a ridge to hold you in...the corner chairs were really comfortable. The head rests were...at your head.  
   Jet Controls:  There was not one other tub that had the variety of control for water and air.  I like it very very soft and my better half loves it rough....easy fellas

Reasons to not buy the others:

Bullfrog...cool tub and idea....but very little control over jets except to turn the individula jets by hand

Jaccuzzi...had to go the 400 to get any real control over the jets....and then you had to live with the big hump on one side.  This could not fit in the area we are putting the tub....and how would the cover work?

Hotsprings....comfortable dry....leg jets during the wet test were annoying and could not turn the down without losing other jets.

Arctic: uncofortable dry test....no need to go on.  The head rest kept hitting me in the bottom of my head and letting the top of my head crack into the acrylic.....ouch

Sundance....#2 choice very close tothe Niagra but it had a fewe less variable when it came down to jet control.

$8995 includes the spa, the cover,steps, cover lifter, delivery and start up supplies.  They were all within $600-800 dollars.  (list was $9,999)

Overall, that was my experience....all the tubs were good, just personal preference..... :D

Once it comes in I will post a picture and continue to be a regular here on this forum.  The help here will allow me to keep my tub looking great.

Thanks for the Help

Hot Tub Pete :)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 09:55:54 am by hottbpete »

Hot Tub Forum

Bought My Hot Tub
« on: September 29, 2006, 09:52:22 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Bought My Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 10:05:25 am »
Hey Pete Congratulations! I hope you really enjoy the tub! We'd like to see some pics when you get it up and running.

It sounds like you had a decent mix in your wet tests and it sounds like it payed off.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 11:06:04 am »

Overall, that was my experience....all the tubs were good, just personal preference..... :D

Once it comes in I will post a picture and continue to be a regular here on this forum.  The help here will allow me to keep my tub looking great.

Thanks for the Help

Hot Tub Pete :)

Congrats for putting the time in to make an informed decision so you don't sit in your backyard with spa buyer's remorse thinking "hmm, maybe I should have looked at such and such spa too and maybe even wet tested".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Augustus

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 11:10:16 am »
Congrats on your purchase, Pete.  As I indicated in another post, I made the decision yesterday to wet test Caldera, but unfortunately our local dealer went out of business.  It's pretty disappointing because our local selection is fairly limited.  

I hope you enjoy your Niagra.  Be sure and post pics once you get it in.

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 11:49:26 am »
congrats, you are going to get years of enjoyment out of your tub.

anne

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 01:08:39 pm »
Congrats! Wet testing really pays off, even if in the beginning it doesn't seem like a big deal. You did your research, so you know that once that tub is in your back yard, there will be no question that it was the right one for you. ENJOY!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 04:07:57 pm »
May you always have hot, clean, bubbly water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 04:07:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42