What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera or Dimension One Hot tub  (Read 6064 times)

mcmishka

Caldera or Dimension One Hot tub
« on: September 28, 2006, 01:15:50 pm »
I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Caldera Aspire or the Dimension Diplomat hot tubs.  We also were considering the HS Vanguard.  Help.  Are the loungers really great or not that great?  Just want to know which is the best tub.      Mcmishka

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera or Dimension One Hot tub
« on: September 28, 2006, 01:15:50 pm »

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
Re: Caldera or Dimension One Hot tub
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 01:34:50 pm »
You should do a wet test of each to see which one fits best for you.  All three are good products.

Bill

mcmishka

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 01:38:46 pm »
We are wet testing the Vanguard and The Dimension One Californian tonight.  Can't wait.  The Calder/D1 dealer said the heaters poop out on the HS.  He does repairs on them at his store.  He said it was because of the 100% filtration, the filters need to be replaced yearly or the heater will burn out.  Do you know if this is true.  Mcmishka

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 01:55:03 pm »
I've never owned a hotspring but I doubt the truth of that statement. I do have a 93 D1 and replaced the heater 5 years ago.

mcmishka

Re: prices on D1, Caldera or Hot Springs
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 02:03:25 pm »
The price on the Caldera Aspire with stereo, outside and inside lights was 6500.00  before tax.  It is a display, not sure if it was ever wet tested.  Is that a good price.  The D1 Diplomat was priced at 8000.00.  Does anyone know if these are good prices.  The Display HS Vanguard is 7000.00 out the door.  (last years model on the HS).   Mcmishka

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 02:24:17 pm »
I thought Caldera and Hotsprings were made by the same folks? Are they using the same heater? As far as the no by pass filtration burning out the filters...I never heard that and wonder why that would affect the heater, if anything, wouldn't it affect the pumps? Chas should be able to verify, he sells both, but it sounds like your Caldera dealer is bending the trught a bit?

From what I heard, all 3 of those tubs are considered to be very highly rated.  Wet test all of them, look at the features and price, as well as the dealer to help narrow the field.

Loungers? Never had one in either of my tubs. They are obvioulsy not necessary, but some folks like them. It is purely a personal choice. try it and decide for yourself.  I think they take up too much real estate in the tub.  

Thos prices sound decent to me. Vanguards are usally $1.2K more than that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 02:26:24 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 02:45:22 pm »
Both sound like good prices to me. I priced a vanguard at 7740 pre tax, and a wet model aspire for 8k pre tax.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 03:23:34 pm »
we sell aspire's for $8000 that is a great price.

mcmishka

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 03:35:57 pm »
Thanks everyone.  I just found out there is a floor model HS Envoy for 7599.00.   We will wet test this as well.  In regards to the heater.  The Caldera dealer said that if the filters are not kept clean on the HS that it would ruin the heater.  Actually replaced yearly.  Because of the 100% filtration.  How often do you have to replace filters on the HS?       mcmishka

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 04:01:23 pm »
 In regards to the heater.  The Caldera dealer said that if the filters are not kept clean on the HS that it would ruin the heater.

There are devices built into all spa plumbing systems so that if there is not sufficent water flow/pressure or if the temp gets too high the heater will be turned off so you will not burn out the heater as you've been told. Let's assume the salesperson is not aware of this because the alternative is that he/she is directly trying to deceive you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
Re: prices on D1, Caldera or Hot Springs
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 04:08:10 pm »
The price on the Caldera Aspire with stereo, outside and inside lights was 6500.00  before tax.  It is a display, not sure if it was ever wet tested.  Is that a good price.  The D1 Diplomat was priced at 8000.00.  Does anyone know if these are good prices.  The Display HS Vanguard is 7000.00 out the door.  (last years model on the HS).   Mcmishka
We had pricing about the same on the Diplomat here in suburban Chicago; $8500 for the Californian and $7500 for the Nautilus. Can't help on the Caldera's as we weren't impressed with their layouts or jets. The HS dealer nearest us was moving and trying to close out a floor model Vanguard for about $6800 so your quotes are in line IMO.

tileman

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 04:16:10 pm »
Those prices are nice. An Aspire in St. Louis is $8099. I liked the Elation myself because of its lounger but the dealer was shady and the price was to high for me.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 05:05:44 pm »
The Caldera dealer said that if the filters are not kept clean on the HS that it would ruin the heater.  Actually replaced yearly.  Because of the 100% filtration.

Whoever told you this is full of 100% No-bypass Bull Crap!

Regular paper cartridges last around 3-4 years.  I've got one customer who has had her original HotSpring filter (and spa) going on 18 years.  She takes very good care of her filter.

The Tri-X Filters are supposed to last 7-10 years, maybe longer with proper care.

Hope this helps! :)

Terminator
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 05:06:30 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

mcmishka

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 06:35:40 pm »
Thanks!  All this info is very welcomed and helpful.  Does anyone know for sure if there is a slow switch safety to cut off heater if water flow is low due to dirty filters in the Hot Spring Line?  The caldera dealer told us there was no safety switches on HS.     Just want to know if he is blowing alot of hot air.                  Mcmishka

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 06:41:34 pm »
Yes sir, if the filters are clogged, the spa will shut down automatically to protect any of the components from damage. :)

There are a lot of blowhards in this industry, there ain't no denying it! ;D

Any of the 3 spas you mentioned are great spas and you'll be happy with any of them.  Just don't buy one from an obvious liar would be my only piece of advice.

Good luck with your search. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 06:41:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42