What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can I replace my 05' HotSpring Siding?  (Read 6673 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Can I replace my 05' HotSpring Siding?
« on: September 30, 2006, 12:21:09 am »
I have an 05' HotSpring model with the Redwood Everwood siding. I sure like the looks of the 06' HS Coastal siding much better. I would even settle for the Espresso cabinet. Is it possible to replace my siding with the newer 06' version? I'm sure it would be cost prohibitive but could Donald Trump pull this off?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 12:26:49 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Can I replace my 05' HotSpring Siding?
« on: September 30, 2006, 12:21:09 am »

shabba34

Re: Can I replace my 05' HotSpring Siding?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 07:53:31 am »
You can stain or paint it any color you want.  It wouldn't be cost prohibitive to change siding, although it can be done.

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 12:00:00 pm »
Man Gombo you are difficult to please, you just have to have the newest and bestest of everything don't ya.   :)  If you still want the stainless jets and the dealer would give you a good deal on trade in wouldn't it be better, just to trade in and upgrade to an 06?  Then you'd have the latest and greatest for a couple months until the 07s come out.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 12:43:54 pm by Brookenstein »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 12:29:39 pm »
Just out of curiousity, roughly what would the cost of the replacement panels be?

Brewman

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 02:13:34 pm »
Brooke, I'm over having the Latest and Greatest. We love our spa. We're going to keep it until it dies. That is unless there are huge changes in 07'--just kidding.  :)

Actually, the wife would prefer the Coastal Grey cabinet to match our house. I was just wondering if it was possible to change out the panels for a reasonable cost.

Everything is Good. Don't get me thinking about the Stainless Jets again please.:) :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 02:16:06 pm by Gomboman »

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 04:02:58 pm »
Why don't you just paint your house to match your tub?   :D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 06:06:45 pm »
What do you consider reasonable cost?
Brewman

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 06:41:58 pm »
Donald would trade it in. Check with your dealer, Sherwin williams makes a specific prep and paint for your siding. It works great and is surprisingly resilient. Even if it was my spa, I wouldn't replace the siding.

To answer Brewman, a removable side panel(one whole side of the spa) is about $200.00, snaps right on, nothing to cut, trim, etc.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 07:42:24 pm »
Donald would trade it in. Check with your dealer, Sherwin williams makes a specific prep and paint for your siding. It works great and is surprisingly resilient. Even if it was my spa, I wouldn't replace the siding.

To answer Brewman, a removable side panel(one whole side of the spa) is about $200.00, snaps right on, nothing to cut, trim, etc.

Thanks hottub.pool_boy. I was just going to tell Brewman my limit would be around $1,000. Wow, $800 seems very reasonable. I was expecting a figure two or three times that. :)

If nothing else, it's a good option for people with older spas with weather damaged cabinets.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 08:39:24 pm by Gomboman »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 07:42:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42