What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warranty Service  (Read 2934 times)

Spiderman

Warranty Service
« on: September 30, 2006, 07:38:24 pm »
Does anyone know on average what % of tubs never have a warranty claim?  The Sundance dealer told me that 96% of tubs that he has sold have never had a service call.  I thought that was pretty good, but maybe some others are even better.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Warranty Service
« on: September 30, 2006, 07:38:24 pm »

Altazi

• 3 seats, 155hp jet pump - anything BUT relaxing!
Re: Warranty Service
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 08:39:52 pm »
This is the time for the independent service techs to chime in.  I'd like to hear this information from someone who is doesn't have a dog in the fight.

I also invite those who DO have dogs in the fight to share information - just let us know which spas you are connected with.

I'd also like to know the ultimate source of the problem - factory problem, user idiocy, etc.

Oh, before I forget. . . PLEASE? :)

Regards,

Altazi

PS - I tried getting some answers to this on the OTHER forum, and got just about exactly nowhere.  Maybe the folks here will be more forthcoming.

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 09:28:32 pm »
Just from hanging around this board I would have a hard time believing any brand would have a 96% record of no warranty service calls.  Personally, I wouldn't even care about that % if the dealer I'm working with takes care of me in a quick, curteous manner, and gets my tub up and running.  Obviously, I'd prefer not to have problems (I'm not saying I want them, lol), but I'm a pessimist and pretty much expect everything to go wrong.  

shabba34

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 08:56:06 am »
Does anyone know on average what % of tubs never have a warranty claim?  The Sundance dealer told me that 96% of tubs that he has sold have never had a service call.  I thought that was pretty good, but maybe some others are even better.
How long have they been in business?  How many spas are out in the field?  Sounds to me like they have no need for a full time service tech.  I call bush league on that figure. 8-)

Spiderman

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 11:03:38 am »
How long have they been in business?  How many spas are out in the field?  Sounds to me like they have no need for a full time service tech.  I call bush league on that figure. 8-)

I think about 15 years and he said he has sold a lot of tubs in that time.  Over a thousand.  He said he used to sell HS, but got out of it when they had the "hit the spa shell with the baseball bat" promotion.  He did seem a little strange, so I'm thinking he got hit in the head with the bat a few times instead of the spa  ;D
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 06:35:10 pm »
1,500+ HotSprings sold by us in the field. Another 1,500+ sold by other HS dealers in our state you've ceased to exist. Couldn't tell you the percentage, don't know. It's fairly low.

Biggest service call- dirty filters/ no heat. We eliminate 95% of this non-warrantiable call by troubleshooting over the phone prior to a visit. We don't charge travel/ trip charges, so I hate to have to send a client a bill if it's not needed.

Water chemistry is THE SINGLE Biggest factor to determine spa equipment life span. Wish more people brought in water for testing or checked in with boards like this one.

We've had 10 or sp clients in this week, saying it's been, 7, 10, 15 years and we've add our first or second problem with the spa. Not many things in this world give you the kind of relief and relaxation as hot water. How many things around your house run 24hrs a day,7 days aweek, 365, year after year, a give you such enjoyment. Hell, you trade your car in every other year for a new one, but hold onto a spa for 15 years.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 06:35:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42