What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spatopia, Can't come soon enough!!  (Read 2941 times)

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
Spatopia, Can't come soon enough!!
« on: September 30, 2006, 09:25:27 am »
Just got the call yesturday.  My J-365 (Jacuzzi) arrives October 10th.  I bought it from a dealer that has been in business 56 years!  No thats not a type o.  Thanks to all the info I recieved here, I checked around and wet tested about 10 different tubs, I actualy considered Costco early in my search :-X, narrowed it down to three of my fav's and picked the jacuzzi from a family owned business that opened in 1950!  That speaks volumes to me.  In the meantime what do you suggest I do besides just staring goolgle eyed at this brouchure intil the tub is actually here and up and running.
The anxiety is killing me...  Any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Spatopia, Can't come soon enough!!
« on: September 30, 2006, 09:25:27 am »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Re: Spatopia, Can't come soon enough!!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 09:45:13 am »
Too funny -- I'm in the same boat as you.  DYING to get my tub... in the meantime I've done nothing but read this forum cover to cover, and yesterday I even visited all but one spa dealer here in town, including the one I bought my Sundance from, just to look at tubs!  It's been three weeks since I bought mine and they tell me "it hopefully got loaded on the truck at the factory Friday, or else next Wednesday"....  :-?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hammster

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 10:06:05 am »
Has the electric service been run? Contact an electrician if not. Have you decided on the chemicals you will use? Read these boards and the ones at Roberts Hot tubs for good info on chemical usage. Have you verified the deck or slab for the spa is ready and sturdy? Do you have a clear path for the spa to be delivered to its final resting place? Or do you need to hire a crane to have it delivered to its location?
Did you get any "extras"? Such as steps, cover, cover lifter, gazebo, etc???
If not, start researching and ordering (buying) that stuff.

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 07:59:57 am »
56 years!!! OMG!!!  Can you post a picture of the first hot tub they sold?? If you can't, I'm sure Term can find one.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 09:45:49 am »
Great advice Hammster.  The electrician is my cousin.  He is going to wait till the tub is on the pad then do the entire job tub to panel all at once.  NOT BAD FOR A CASE OF BEER!  ;D

Just for kicks, here's the link to the store.  (For those who care)

http://www.hollandiagardens.com/

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 03:31:05 pm »
Just got the call yesturday.  My J-365 (Jacuzzi) arrives October 10th.  I bought it from a dealer that has been in business 56 years!  No thats not a type o.  Thanks to all the info I recieved here, I checked around and wet tested about 10 different tubs, I actualy considered Costco early in my search :-X, narrowed it down to three of my fav's and picked the jacuzzi from a family owned business that opened in 1950!  That speaks volumes to me.  In the meantime what do you suggest I do besides just staring goolgle eyed at this brouchure intil the tub is actually here and up and running.
The anxiety is killing me...  Any suggestions?

56 years? Wow thats amazing! What were thay selling? The industry isnt even that old. I  believe the first hottubs sold retail werent sold before 1970 and I believe that was done by California Cooperage, which were old wine barrels. There may have been others but not that I know of.Our industry simply is not that old so please ask your dealer what he was selling prior to hottubs.
-SpaMan~

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 03:59:24 pm »
They started building custom pools in 1950.  They are well known in our area for building quality pools that last.  They are huge on customer service and people I've talked to say they really take care of thier clients.  They're a little on the pricey side but I'll pay a few bucks more for peace of mind...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 03:59:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42