What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima vs. Arctic Kodiak  (Read 6786 times)

tbonz69

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sundance Optima vs. Arctic Kodiak
« on: September 16, 2006, 12:39:33 am »
I need help ASAP!  I can either get a Arctic Kodiak with dealer to throw in Nothern Lights/Bar set up/ 2 tier stairs/ and stainless steel jet pckg for $8100 or a Sundance Optima for $8500?   Neither is a floor model, both ordered to my color. Talk to me people fast...I need to let them know by monday!
\Tony and Nicol

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Optima vs. Arctic Kodiak
« on: September 16, 2006, 12:39:33 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Sundance Optima vs. Arctic Kodiak
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 01:00:25 am »
..I need to let them know by monday!

Why?  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 01:00:47 am by Brewman »
Brewman

anne

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 01:09:14 am »
wet test! Buy the one that comes from the dealer you trust the most and feels the best! I love my Arctic, btu have heard great things about Sundance. Good luck!
Dance like nobody's watching

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 01:19:21 am »
Rushing you decision doesn't seem.....................Optimal. ;)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 02:44:22 am »
No matter which way you go that's a nice price on the Optima.  Where'd you find such a deal?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

tbonz69

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 02:04:36 pm »
I need to make a decision due to weve narrowed it down to these 2.  After sooo much research we are so in-bewteen.  WIfe is gonna make us pick by monday.  We are in upstate NY.  I like the Optima slighty better, and she likes the arctic a little better.  Which is the better priced?  is 8500 for a brnad new Optima good price?, is 8100 with  all the throw ins a good deal?..thanks a bunch ya guys!,,tony and nicole

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 02:16:42 pm »
I need to make a decision due to weve narrowed it down to these 2.  After sooo much research we are so in-bewteen.  WIfe is gonna make us pick by monday.  We are in upstate NY.  I like the Optima slighty better, and she likes the arctic a little better.  Which is the better priced?  is 8500 for a brnad new Optima good price?, is 8100 with  all the throw ins a good deal?..thanks a bunch ya guys!,,tony and nicole

Sounds like the answer is obvious! If the wife likes the Arctic and you buy the Optima and anything goes wrong you will never hear the end of it...

;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 02:17:51 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

RobRoy

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 02:51:18 pm »
I would listen to the wife too. :P

Joel T

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 02:55:44 pm »
Go with the wife. If she's happy in the tub, you will be too  ;)

tbonz69

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 12:43:34 pm »
Hey everyone,,which is the better deal..$8500 for the Sundance Optima or $8100 for the Arctic Kodiak(with Light/Stainless Jet/ full stairs package)???  Both brand new models. We wet tested them both and we all like them equally!!!!, we are going with the better all around deal.

Altazi

• 3 seats, 155hp jet pump - anything BUT relaxing!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 01:01:54 pm »
Hi Tbonz69,

Does one spa have a better warranty than the other?  Do you like one dealer better than the other?  Have both dealers been in business a long time?  How long have they carried their brands of spas? Are both dealers the same distance?  Do both dealers charge "trip fees" for warranty service work?  Even though you like both spas exactly the same, there are other kinds of differentiators in the deal.

Regards,

Altazi

anne

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 04:27:04 pm »
We wet tested them both and we all like them equally!!!!, we are going with the better all around deal.

What does 'better all around deal' mean, really? If you like them equally, then go with the cheaper of the two and save $400. Or wet test again, and see what subtle things you find the second time around- you'll probably have a gut feeling for one that you like more than the other. It sounds like you want someone to say "generally the Optima should cost $9000, and the Kodiac should be $8400, so you could get the Optima for $500 better than average, and the Kodiac for only $200 better than average, so the Optima is a better deal!!"
Dance like nobody's watching

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 03:20:21 pm »
So what did you decide?  And what options did the Optima at $8500 include (cover, lifter, ozonator, etc)?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 03:59:14 pm »
Wait a minute tbonz. No one has asked you yet what Kodiak package the Arctic dealer is quoting. We just purchased the top of the line Arctic Tundra Legend SE 3 weeks ago so I'm very familiar with their line. They have 5 different "series" of product for their 8' spas including the Kodiak so you need to find out which one your dealer is quoting.

They range from the Designer series (31 jets) to the Legend series (75 jets). The series also makes a huge difference in standard features and pricing. Now, Northern Lights comes standard with the Legend SE, so we can rule that one out, so you're left with the Designer, Signature, Ultra, Legend, or Legend Extreme. You need to find out which one before I can offer you my opinion as tp pricing.

I can help on the Sundance. We were quoted $9500 on the Optima which at the time was the highest priced unit we had seen. We liked it, especially the center footdome with the 8 jets and volcano. So the price you're getting quoted on it seems very good!

I'm with the others, you need to wet test them once if not twice (they become a blur if you've seen quite a few like we did). Get the one that's most comfortable with the jet patterns that do the most for you. If all things are equal, I'd go with the Kodiak (but then again I'm biased)! Good luck and get back to us with more details.

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 04:02:51 pm »
By the way, the Optima price we got included the cover, their standard lifter, and I believe the ozonator. I double checked my records - they were quoting $9670.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 04:02:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42